IGNORED

Dalglish - Niaiw Ot Vile

Amen Lare

dalglish_PAN1.jpg

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=21281

http://www.junodownload.com/plus/2013/10/01/dalglish-arrives-on-pan-with-niaiw-ot-vile/

Chris Douglas, AKA Dalglish, will release an album on PAN this November.

Douglas began throwing techno and ambient parties in San Francisco while still a teenager. He's been based in Berlin since the early '00s, though he spent some time in Detroit during the '90s, where he worked with Underground Resistance founder Mike Banks and Drexciya's James Stinson. He's produced under a range of names, including O.S.T., Scald Rougish, Seaes and Dalglish, and it's the latter pseudonym he uses on Niaiw Ot Vile, which will come out through Bill Kouligas's PAN imprint next month.

The label describes the album as "a complex and cavernous exercise in texture and rhythm, marrying the freedom and tonal breadth of electroacoustic composition with percussive patterns disjointed to the point of collapse." Douglas has dedicated the release to his friend and Isolate Records founder Wai Cheng, who died in 2006.

Tracklist
01. Venpin
02. Noscrlu
03. Viochlm
04. Out_Kutzk
05. Ciaradh
06. Donsfe
07. Seit Nuin
08. Sclunt
09. Mothlitz
10. Oidhche

This guy just keeps hammering them out. Might have to rest on this one as I'm still trying to get my head round the 4 or so other releases that he's done in the last 12 months.

He didn't make these releases in a year, he released them in a bunch, because in previous years he had no label interested to do it. Stuff covers a decade of work. I suppose that's why he dedicates this PAN (hyped label) release to Isolate Records owner who died as far as in 2006.

Yeah I've no complaints really, I've just got more than enough to be going on with having bought Benacah Drann Deachd, Bytereqw, Liesma, Auen Ansici / Bardachd and Venoyn over the last year or so. I'll give this new one a listen further down the line I think.

This guy just keeps hammering them out. Might have to rest on this one as I'm still trying to get my head round the 4 or so other releases that he's done in the last 12 months.

He didn't make these releases in a year, he released them in a bunch, because in previous years he had no label interested to do it.

except for me and highpoint lowlife in the UK, yes that is mostly correct. His OST alias had a nice run with a few of the more IDM oriented labels of the early 2000s. Pthalo was a big supporter of his during this time, probably released more of his work than any single label including 3 Live CDR releases one of them called 'fuckin twats missed it.

For anyone who isn't aware OST=Chris Douglas=Dalglish

I tried to get the inside scoop on how Pan is getting this out there, but didn't get any leads. Glad to see it getting on a bigger label than mine, I'm seriously thinking of throwing in the towel at the moment on any big runs of physical (Vinyl or cd). It's really hard to run a label part-time and actually have it be successful for me right now. I wish this Venoyn release got out there more in general, but very much appreciate the support here on this forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phthalo

Also for anyone unfamiliar with Isolate please check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolate_Records

arguably a big force in the early breakcore scene, especially it's sub label Dyslexic Response

Wai and I right before he passed had an idea for an RLR/Isolate records comp with the working title of 'the axis of evil electronic music' which would have electronic musicians from adversarial 'anti US' countries like Iran, Lebanon, Iraq, Libya, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, Robbie, i know you were there with Chris all the time and i should have mentioned you. Ideom on RLR was the first release of Dalglish that really connected with me and maybe it will stay as the most important for me. I'm forever thankful for this till i die. RLR is bigger than PAN for me.

Just noticed some promo is out there

A track:

[sc5]113373762[/sc5]

And a mix:

[sc5]117066247[/sc5]

http://www.self-titledmag.com/2013/10/25/needle-exchange-136-an-exclusive-mix-by-dalglish/

Altibzz – Autechre
Hole in Wall – Bernard Hermann
Seit Nuin (Extended) – Dalgish
Conversation Rahsaan – Roland Kirk
It’s Gonna Rain – Steve Reich
Ampnoise – Dome
4 – Tod Dockstader
II – Taj Mahal Travellers
Nucleotide – Michael Shrieve
Track06 – M. Bianchi
Urcsthin (Unreleased) – Dalglish
Remembrance – Ross 154
Dedans-Dehors – Bernard Parmegiani
Unreleased – Dalglish
Ill Fares The Land – The Stranger
Xektses – Autechre
Cake Mic – Gescom
B 36 – Moebius
Mi – O.S.T.
Bohor – Iannis Xenakis
Munretha – O.S.T.
Atmosphares – Gyorgy Ligeti
How The West Was Won – Psych
Travellor (Unexplained Reprise) – Phenomyna
Lyot (reshape) (edit) – Vainqueur
Providence or Fate – The Stranger
Unreleased – Dalglish
Interval IV – Derrick May
Improvisation In Fourth – Dick Hyman
And On The Seventh Petaluma – Harry Partch
Solar Drums – Sun Ra
Gestures – Morton Subotnick
19.57 EC (Unreleased) – Dalglish
Violent Daydreams – Kevin Drumm
Syimproa (unreleased) – Dalglish
Out/Kutz (extended) – Dalglish
Tanar Part 2 – Roland Kayn
Dahinter Industriegelande – Asmus Tietchens
Inexorably Tied To You – John Beltran
Coral – Red Kite
Thick Skin, Paper Thin – Charles Hayward
Venerandum_SclDrGshMix – Ektoise
Mu Na H-Uile Ni A Shaoileas – Anthony Moore
Valuska – Mihály Víg
Remember Us – Leyland Kirby
Remember Us (Piano Version) – Leyland Kirby

that promo track is not what i was expecting, but i like it. Bytreqw is one of my favorite albums from this year, so i'm pretty excited to hear more from him at the moment

RLR is bigger than PAN for me.

aw thanks, legacy wise this is true but I've never had or do i ever plan to have a marketing machine as solid and effective as the one Pan has, no comparison in terms of reach and notoriety.

Not heard this guy before, been checking the available samples of his stuff online and some of it sounds like it might be amazing.

Great looking packaging too, wish I wasn't a bit broke atm lol

Xektses - Autechre

Is this an unreleased track in that mix posted?

I only know Xetses sequel, listened for it in the mix just now and i don't think I heard Xektses sql before cake mic, aplologies in advance if I've made a huge mistake.

Xektses - Autechre

Is this an unreleased track in that mix posted?

I only know Xetses sequel, listened for it in the mix just now and i don't think I heard Xektses sql before cake mic, aplologies in advance if I've made a huge mistake.

It's there, the ending of Xektses sql is hearable deep in the mix at 25:45, kinda quickly intermixed with Gescom

i'm using the term 'usual' very loosely since the music Chris makes is highly unusual. 'usually' the more ambient soothing stuff isn't mixed together with his more aggressive/noisy sound, this time it is (or sounds like it). Can't wait to hear what he does next

• 3 weeks later...

Archived