IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

where are these from herr jan

Grant posted them this morning in the colundi group on facebook :) there's talk of a new place to buy, an old village somewhere in Portugal, so maybe that's what they've been waiting for to come up with these. Or not, just thinking out loud!

• 1 month later...

Oh man, this is a treat. Just started listening. Second track on level 10 is much lushness.

On third now. I don't know if it's my addled state but this is BEAUTIFUL music.

Edited by Ifeelspace

What I really love is suprise digital releases without waiting for physical releases. Here's how it works: artist releases music: my wallet opens: artist gets paid: music joins other music. I play music on my studio monitors, or my big stereo, or my headphones, or in my car, or at work through crappy BT speakers, or on my phone. I enjoy the music however I want. Simple really. No island to purchase, no wire player necessary [although I have one]. No paying for shipping and then receiving a beat up bent up package with subpar audio which I have to record, name, tag, rip or? Shouldn't have to work so hard to listen to a release. Thank you Aleksi! I LOVE your music. Sounds amazing through all the above! These are really different from the others and I'm so excite! More please!

Sorry for the rant. I'm definitely drunk. I grew up in the early 80s. I listened to vinyl, 8tracks, cassettes. Inconvenient! Why do people wish for this? These releases have always frustrated me. I ordered the first DVD set. Had to copy the wav files. Compress to mp3 @320 (I did a double blind test yeas ago and 192 is where my ears can't tell a difference). Name every track wtf?. Tag every track. Find decent artwork(which was not the same as Aleksi released later). Paid for shipping. Waited. Blah blah blah. If people want a physical copy let THEM wait for it. Music is not a physical tangible thing. Never has been. Anyways.... Thank you for making it easy for me to purchase and listen to your music Aleksi! Fan for life!

Guest bitroast

inconvenient but the convenience of digital has drifted into a sort of low attention span indifference to music.

i personally find music easier to digest and listen to when i actually have to get up and put it on, and turning it off means getting up again. its like, digital and over abundance of mp3s has given em OCD and low attention span and difficulty listening to music. i've enjoyed aleksi's trek into physical format exploration...

having said that, i couldn't be happier with the immediate digital release :):)

sounding very very nice :):)

I hear you. Lots of releases have come and gone without me caring even after I've purchased it. But if the release is worth it, I play it. If it's good, it will be listened to. You could put Damogen Furies on a 24k gold plated vinyl record and I would have still only listened to it twice(sorry sp).

Guest bitroast

you better be sorry! you just insulted a great album for no good reason in a thread about aleksi perala.

WATMM.

I think if the music is really good then it will demand your attention whatever shitty format it is put out on. Perhaps less ppl will hear it tho I dunno. All I can really say is this is really good shit and I am hearing it so I don't really care either way because I am hearing it and that is all that really matters as far as I am concerned. Hard cheese plebs. Bye

fucking hell, currently listening to 10. this is incredible stuff. i love the new direction on this one. they just keep getting better and better...