Herr Jan

Lush.

are those all off the MU4 disc? My pkg hasn't arrived yet =(

I should've picked this up. :music:

Check if Norman Records has it! check your inventory at norman records

lol

Edited by StephenG

ha!

I'm really stoked about this release, I hope mine shows up soon. I messaged aleksi and he (or whoever's email that actually is) confirmed it's been shipped. He also said that royal mail is shit and sometimes it takes WAY longer than expected.

I'm very happy that he's getting a lot of positive reception on this. He's extremely talented and for him to treat us with a 4 disc set, the level 5 download, level 4 kickin' around, and the clear vinyl coming up?

Very prolific and I'm excited to watch him develop. The sound quality on his releases (mastering/dynamics whatever) are in some cases unmatched by any other artist, IMO. I forget who made the thread about his "lushness" lol surpassing even Aphex, and in some cases I agree. Songs like Choral fever and what I hear from the colundi sequence take up a massive frequency range and it's total aural stimulation.

Edit: not just a large frequency range, but many frequencies within that range. I believe that's the entire point of the colundi releases.

Edited by StephenG

My copy of this showed up today (USA)! So glad I got one.

It’s too bad the Rephlex site is even more gone now than it used to be—suddenly my mind is wondering about all the other AP I could have missed, like Boom Blaster. Never got a chance to hear that one and from what I can tell it is truly no longer for sale anywhere. Let’s get some FLACs up on BC, AP!!

My copy of this showed up today (USA)! So glad I got one.

It’s too bad the Rephlex site is even more gone now than it used to be—suddenly my mind is wondering about all the other AP I could have missed, like Boom Blaster. Never got a chance to hear that one and from what I can tell it is truly no longer for sale anywhere. Let’s get some FLACs up on BC, AP!!

Boom Blaster is awesome. Choral Fever is one of my favorite tracks of all time.

Guest jasondonervan

Lush.

are those all off the MU4 disc? My pkg hasn't arrived yet =(

Yep, all from that disc.

I think you might be.

We can leave it at that. =)

Unless Mister Firth has moved considerably west and over the Atlantic ocean since last we spoke then I'm not so sure !

I think you might be.

We can leave it at that. =)

Unless Mister Firth has moved considerably west and over the Atlantic ocean since last we spoke then I'm not so sure !

troooon pls

Edited by StephenG

Aleksi is the only (relatively) new music artist that makes me excited, his music is unique, fun and interesting. This release is simply amazing, hes on a league of his own.

10/10

Edited by Deer

Finally got mine!

Aleksi is really turning out to be brilliant. I've liked all of his releases, but this set takes the cake.

The colundi stuff is brilliant, reminds me of Plastikman actually, just better lol.

MU4 is also brilliant (runway is an instant favourite for me). Haven't gotten around to the Ovuca disc yet. But yeah, once you add colundi sequence 3,4, and 5... That makes 7 albums worth of material released in a year? Is no one else dumbfounded? lol

Guest jasondonervan

erm... I can't play back the Colundi stuff on anything other than my computer.

It won't play on the ps4, xbox360, etc...

why now? =/

I think they are Data DVDs, not DVD-Audio (or Video) format... so they won't be picked up by certain devices for general playback.

Aye they are - They're just a collection of 96khz/24bit .wav files. You might be able to play them back on the PS3 if you go to the music section, down to the DVD and press show all files (Triangle button I think brings up that menu), but that's only a might - it may not understand the sample rate.

I had to convert them down from 96khz

Otherwise my computer and ipod would not play them. Only 48khz/16 bit would be played back by any device =S

Edited by StephenG

If you've got something like Nero, you could bung the files onto a blank DVD and author the disc as DVD-Audio

EDIT: Which apparently doesn't work on the PS3 so ignore me....

I grabbed an iOS app called CanOpener to play these on my phone.

There's still a limit of 48kHz to what you are hearing from iOS, but CanOpener does realtime SRC instead of you having to destructively convert them to actually sync via iTunes. Decent app.