IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Cold autumny weather outside + relaxing inside with thermos full of tea + Colundi Sequence = healing powers.

First warmed myself up with Level 5 and 2, and I just finished MU4: that one is so good, strong contender for #1 album of 2014.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what's wrong with me, but MU4 doesn't do it for me. I mean, MU1, MU2 and MU3 are among my favourite albums, but MU4 feels underdeveloped overall. I keep coming back to it once in a while so who knows! On the other hand, I really love the Ovuca Bonus album. Some great atmospheric stuff on there. Some of it sounds like his Selected Aleksi ambient works.

Ovuca Bonus is easily superior to MU4. It's all good though. Not sure why he called it 'Ovuca' though, sounds much more like Aleksi's later style, very Colundi-like in fact.

Edited by Ifeelspace

Not sure why he called it 'Ovuca' though, sounds much more like Aleksi's later style, very Colundi-like in fact.

yeah, seems a bit weird. I thought ovuca was his hardware name? maybe it's all made on hardware or whatever.

I didn't say i disliked MU, I said that Ovuca bonus was clearly superior. Thinking of you is a lovely track....I'm also a big fan of Fragments - wish that melody that cuts in around the minute mark was repeated

MU1 is, to my ears, the best of the bunch. MU4 is great but may have some fillers (compared to MU1 at least). And no matter how much I love some of the tunes in MU2&3 (Oscid :wub: ), I've never really got into those albums.

Same goes for the Colundis : I've bought them all, think the music is stellar, but somehow there's too much material to listen to.

Level 3, 4 and 6 stand out to me though.

• 4 weeks later...

The playlist has some colundi, ovuca bonus, and MU4. Follow the link to youtube for it to load properly though.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

Ok. Too much music and to little time to sit back and relax atm. Can anyone point out the best tracks on the colundi series? Pretty plz?

my personal favs after a fair amount of listening - by no means a definitive list

wait some of the ones i like aren't on youtube :(