IGNORED

tragomills acid

crx091081gb

jeez yeah i've been to trago, years and years ago though and i don't remember those statues. i do remember buying lots of candles. nice track. :wink:

Edit: i went to the one in newton abbot, i see there are three to chose from now (exciting!).

Yeh the one in Liskeard has the sculpture park. Is such a bizarre place, I'd never been before but my Dad was always going on about it. Went with a mate to buy torch batteries before exploring some abandoned mines.

Listening back this morning I'm probably going to rework the snare rolls.

Spooky joyous groovyness, excellent work! After the long hypnotising soft part as the acid comes in the second time, you could maybe get more vigourous and intense with the drums and acid squerbles, maybe some alternative kinds of acid sound

Jazzy!! Sounds like there's a hi-q rapid pitch drop kinda sound mixed in with the snare? I dig that, but I think it's taking a little of the snap out of it?

Not sure, something to think about anyway.

Nice work, I like :)

Yeh the snare part is the bit I'm least happy with, I don't really feel like I nailed the sound or the rolls but I had to put the track down and go do something else as I was at the 'loosing all sense of objectivity' stage of track development where you spend 4 hours tweaking something then decide you preferred it as it was.

The layering made the break a bit lumpy and then did all kind of things to the compressors downwind of it, it needs some re-engineering.

I know that stage all too well. There's a part later on where one of the layers is removed from the snare (at least thats what I thought happened) and it sounded really nice and snappy, might be worth trying that out on the whole track; might work really well!

pce

smooth intro ! really like that xylophone quite alot. reminds me a little bit about move-D, some jazzy influences and really playful melodies. the snare sounds not really that nice :x but all in all it's a quite cool track dude :) lots of variation, kept my attention along the entire piece.
keep up the good work :)
Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally made that video, watch it in HD else the compression artifacts are horrid (encoders don't like it when you detach the colour channels and scale each one separately while constantly cycling the palette - I don't think they're geared for it).

Guest sonnyskare

Finally made that video, watch it in HD else the compression artifacts are horrid (encoders don't like it when you detach the colour channels and scale each one separately while constantly cycling the palette - I don't think they're geared for it).

Dude that is one nice music video to one nice song

Those balloon things are awesome

Archived