IGNORED

tac Lacora

ambermonk

Just took it upon myself to start another L-Event track thread. I find this to be the best track on the EP, and you might either agree or disagree.

Discuss details, criticisms, etc.

too many detail packed into too tight space.. hyper-change envelope/pan action too much savoring. brain overwhelmed, how do i enter? snare in second half is water-logged, track needs more air in general. imagine it as compact fire, imagine it spread out and take bigger form. or maybe it is perfect little package, teeming w/info

I'm not really sure that bit of silence is intentional

Sounds heavily intentional for me, almost an equivalent of this technique

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_cut

I've heard prior examples of this in Liccflii on EP7 and Xylin Room on Draft 7.30. I'd have to agree as well that it's no accident.

elements of this track remind me of EP7 - notably netlon sentinel and liccflii

This. And not Gantz Graf, but maybe Cap IV. And I have to listen a lot more to it (I'm on listen #2!). Definitely interesting.

It has a soul.

Edited by Guest

well, if you cut it out in a wave editor it loops seamlessly. just sayin'

It's only one beat long though. If you cut it out in a wave editor it's like an unnecessary time signature change.

lol @ repairing ae tracks which lost some audio during production.

a little bit of silence here and there, it happens right? maybe a bunch of bits flipped on sean's floppy disk?

no problemo, audacity to the rescue!

Hmm, that bit of silence. Well it has to be there, that passage and melody transition starves for silence - but the start of silence is kind of badly done (the ending is perfect), that's why it sounds broken. IMO.

Of course the silence is international and I think it works really well. Think this is my favourite track on the EP at the moment but that seems to be changing all the time which is always a good thing!

Of course the silence is international and I think it works really well.

What about neighborhood silence? What about local silence? What about nationalist silence? Are you saying those don't work? What if international cat lacora sleeps, will the audio files be silent?

I not explicitly ask you, but the whole internationets.

Edited by Guest

Hmm, that bit of silence. Well it has to be there, that passage and melody transition starves for silence - but the start of silence is kind of badly done (the ending is perfect), that's why it sounds broken. IMO.

I need to correct myself. THIS SILENCE IS PERFECT AND MAKES PERFECTLY SENSE. Nothing is badly done. The track clearly gets into disorder say from 3:07 onwards, you can hear it better in the context, if you start at 2:30 e.g. - and you hear the stronger distortion at like 3:15, then in 3:25 unstable pitch as the last chapter before the break - and then kind of lush (in Ae terms that is :-) ending.

TIS PERFECT

THOU SHALL TRUST IN THE MASTERS OV TRANSITION

Time for some Surripere, the perfectetstest example of transitions. Another one is Shostakovich Sym. 5 mvmt 1 ending, where he makes a transition to the main theme.

Edited by Guest