IGNORED

tac Lacora

ambermonk

I'm not really sure that bit of silence is intentional

Sounds heavily intentional for me, almost an equivalent of this technique

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_cut

I've heard prior examples of this in Liccflii on EP7 and Xylin Room on Draft 7.30. I'd have to agree as well that it's no accident.

Teartear is the best + worst example of this, that gap is just fuckin RUDE.

We've been over this, there's no gap in Teartear, some people have bad copies.

Well fuck, that changes the way I've been hearing the track for the last decade.

Oh yeah tac is great btw. Some of the yummiest ae synths I ever done heard.

• 2 weeks later...

This is become a big favorite from the whole Exai camp. It's aggressive like spl9, but it's periodically opening up to reveal so much beautiful atmospheric depth behind all the intensity.

This is become a big favorite from the whole Exai camp. It's aggressive like spl9, but it's periodically opening up to reveal so much beautiful atmospheric depth behind all the intensity.

agreed, in fact this is one of their recent songs where i had the strongest 'aha' moment of anything perhaps since Treale. That's a different animal completely though. Tac Lacora is more an emotional melody buried under heaps of vicious processing, if you listen hard enough it almost sounds like a more 'classic' emotional autechre melody than anything off Exai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

playing loudly on my car's jbl's, this song, my car and i form a snarling robotic nightmare beast from the 23rd century, and those who hear us are shaken with reverence.

Edited by very honest

• 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Been revisiting tac Lacora recently after nearly a decade.

God damn that FM at the end...was there ring mod involved? Still wondering how that sound is achieved.

• 3 weeks later...

It makes sense that their longest album to that point would have such a short EP. But daaaaaaaaaaang, yeah tac Lacora is a very strong opener. And much like Gantz Graf, it's one of those pieces that repeated listens reveal the structure of. And it becomes impossible to hear it as a "random" cluttered collage of textures which it may appear at first to be.

17 minutes ago, splesh said:

And it becomes impossible to hear it as a "random" cluttered collage of textures which it may appear at first to be.

is that how people hear it? i've always thought it's structure was pretty obvious. it churns along pretty awesomely. 

• Like 2

I've been listening to L-event a fair bit lately as it reminds me of fall. I still get flashbacks to the panning / scaling website distortions, very Twliglight Zone-ish and suiting the atmosphere of the first three-fourths of the record perfectly. Tac Lacora, in particular, has a really mischievous, poltergeistian, gremlinesque vibe to me, like floating furniture and cabinets slamming by themselves, televisions turning on and off, etc. With the exception of the last track, there's something spooky about the EP for me. Not really dark, but quite different from Exai even if it shares a lot in common with it texturally and structurally. Exai sounds epic, sounds like it takes place outdoors with sprawling vistas, and most of it seems pretty diurnal to me. L-event comes off as more claustrophobic-ish, seeming to exist at night, with, again, strange things happening.

• Like 7

M39 Diffain: I always found a similarity with this and Scorn, I just couldn't find which track by Scorn ... then I remembered a Napalm Death piece from the ep "suffer the children" (1990): it was the only electronic episode by napalm death, probably composed by mick harrys alone, and has in a nutshell many elements that will characterize Scorn years later, when Mick leaves Napalm ... and, indeed, there are points of contact with M39 Diffain: