IGNORED

Osla for n

zlemflolia

When I first heard Osla for n, it occured to me this track would make a brilliant musical analogy for this experience. The type of repetition here is obnoxious and uneven. From the moment the rhythym is heard at the beggining of the track, its distinctive, groaning timbre does not change at all, and we are left to endure its heavy blows over and over again. It is its own sickening, malevolent theme, which completely binds and throws itself at you for a prolonged length of time. It's the process of being startled, then coping with, then getting sick of the rhythmic motif of the track that paints the picture, and it is very powerful.

It sounds like you're describing Hub there.

Osla for n is great IMO.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who hate both tac Lacora and Etchogon-S are seriously fucked up, might as well rape kids.

Etch 3/10, Cat 9/10, hmm/hmmm

You're lucky, a little more balanced ratings and you're a rapist there.

I will forever have a soft spot for Etchogon-S. The story is [cut this shit] I was very upset after the release of Oversteps as the next thing after the Quaristice massacre. I felt like i have lost faith in Ae. I know not many would support me here. Don't wrong me get, there were still occasional moments of brilliance, but not something i could be excited about anymore, have it as a secret weapon against chicks and crowd. When, in disbelief, i clicked the Bleep preview for Etchogon-S, during the next thirty seconds chunk a lonely tear came down my face. And another one. And another. And that's it. The excitement factor is back! Nasty beats! [/cut] Yeah, i'm cheap muthafucker.

Amen, I love the story. To me Q was the lowest point, also I was very absent from Idm. (way more classical that time) Oversteps era could heal my pain only a bit. Rew4 basically. Returned to some other Electronica like Dalglish. Exai era (Exai/L/Oberman rmx) now gave me my trust in Ae back. Now I listen to like 50/50 classical/Electronica.

It's 2014 and this song is still terrible.

:cisfor:

Why does this video disturb me

It's like something you'd find on Liveleaks

What is going on behind the camera? What about after the camera's turned off?

I don't want to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I hadn't listened to this track in about three months. Listened a ton of Confield, Draft, Oversteps, and even some 444 and Amber. Threw Osla back on tongiht. It's effing great, intense and epic.

It's like the audio version Henry Moore's "Three Points" sculpture from the Tate:

20100224_moore_three_points.jpg

I don't want to know.

Lots of docking. Some pegging. Maybe some sounding as the night wears on, ringing in the new year with love and pain and fucked-up musics.

I don't want to know.

lol

• 1 month later...

Listening to this track for the first time in about 4/5 months. Still love it. Sits alongside tracks like "Iris was a pupil" and "Known(1)" that don't really have analogues anywhere else in the discography. Beautiful sound design throughout. Amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WNS000

Well, turns out that Osla for n is the best track on L-Event and one of my favourite Ae's tracks.

I consider this track to be exceptionally well composed. It is so fluid and has a lot of tension. That fragile melody near the ending is also spot-on.

I always respected good "textural" works because I find them to be very difficult to compose into something meaningful.

This track also has a lot of longevity because it's not explicit too much.

Very nice.

Guest Gravity

Sorry Sean.. Rob.,.. but this shit is whack

They told me they forgive you.

I enjoy this track. I don't put it on that often, but issa guud'un.

What do you like about it?

Is it the sound that's like an ice scraper repeating over and over again? :cerious:

lol

Guest Gravity

Is it the sound that's like an ice scraper repeating over and over again? :cerious:

lol

I've been known to lay on the floor when it snows and enjoy all the beautiful sounds of people cleaning their cars off now and again.

I like the slow evolution going on in the background while the ice gets scraped. Like I said, it's good but I don't listen to it all the time.

Guest WNS000

lol

It is just about your brain.

If the frequencies the "ice scraper" makes are not pleasurable for you then there is nothing else to talk about. I can't stand Nodezsh for the same reason.

I consider Osla for n to be one of their best tracks as I have already written in this thread. Incredible composition is happening behind the "ice scraper".

Guest WNS000

glad you're hearing something.

I'm not!

Fair enough :-) hopefully you enjoy the rest of the EP.

Surely weirdest Autechre track in a while. It's a really mood dependent track (even for Autechre), sometimes it sounds perfect other times it just doesn't sit well. It feels good as part of the whole EP though.

Guest transmisiones ferox

One lovely video has led to another, and now I am watching a video of hello spiral shaving...

;)

u r crazy lol

Archived