IGNORED

Osla for n

zlemflolia

Osla For N makes tangible the anxiety of the dentist's waiting room using an impressively limited palette of barked samples and faulty-refridgerator drones.

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/records/306020-autechre_levent

"now, I don't want you to panic. Just lean back and relax."

:drill:

"ugck ahno arrrgh uhh aurgh eiiiiiigh"

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This song either sounds retarded or wonderful. Or both.

I'm gonna roll with... retarded.

This song is a joke and anyone trying to justify it is delusional. I seriously make this same fucking song every morning before work. It's called an ice scraper on a windshield and it's not original and there is no expert programming or songwriting at work here.

The pads etc towards the end of the song are highly predictable and repetitive.

That being said, everyone has their own opinion. If you enjoy this, all the power to you.

I love the way it starts out rather harsh and abstract then the robo-cough sound gradually becomes part of the more traditional drum beat. I find it to be a really hypnotic and strangely powerful track.

In fact I had it in my head all day the other day...

Man, I hate it when someone on the internet calls you out on your delusional taste in music.

I thought I really liked this track, but now I realise I was just fooling myself to appear cool to all my ae peers.

i really like it, creepy aliens you can't quite see murmuring things you couldn't possibly understand

it sounds like im on the event horizon when i listen to this track!

event_horizon_gravity_drive.jpg

Such a neat little track. Sounds like Sean & Rob have gone off for a cup of tea and left the track in its terrarium to evolve by its own accord. The coughing scraping beat does become very hypnotic and natural sounding, opening up for an array of little sounds fading in and out.

It's a nice "natural sounding weirdness" in contrast to the highly controlled and confident Exai. L-Event generally seems more deep, dense and plaintive, in a really good way.

Man, I hate it when someone on the internet calls you out on your delusional taste in music.

I thought I really liked this track, but now I realise I was just fooling myself to appear cool to all my ae peers.

lol.

glad you have come to terms with it. =)

Such a neat little track. Sounds like Sean & Rob have gone off for a cup of tea and left the track in its terrarium to evolve by its own accord. The coughing scraping beat does become very hypnotic and natural sounding, opening up for an array of little sounds fading in and out.

It's a nice "natural sounding weirdness" in contrast to the highly controlled and confident Exai. L-Event generally seems more deep, dense and plaintive, in a really good way.

Yes I love the evolving nature of this, deffo my fave from the EP, this is what the 'techre do best, these opinion dividing weird tracks ;)

Yes I love the evolving nature of this, deffo my fave from the EP, this is what the 'techre do best, these opinion dividing weird tracks ;)

Yep.

I can't help but think of all the other tracks similar to this in their discography that a lot of people immediately wrote off after release date.

It feels nice, after all these years, to still get tracks from them that at first completely stump you.

So, the barking sound is pretty unpredictable and I find that as a result I get excited anticipating that chunk of the pattern where the sound fires three times in quick succession. Maybe I'm crazy but the rhythm of the barking seems to cohere slightly whenever it happens in specifically 3 shot bursts. Even more awesome is the part at 3:22 where it happens thrice quickly, and then after a short break it fires another three times quickly. I'm getting right into the micro details to describe this but this touch makes such a world of difference.

I'm hearing more of a rough chisel on hard fiberglass. Like when you're hastily scraping those troublesome barnacles off of the hull of your sailboat, and it's turning into a transcendent experience. Really getting that movement down.

lol

Archived