IGNORED

newbound

Many people say, newbound is the weakest track for them on L-event; I say: Hmmm. Maybe. I think it's a typical outro track. The descending synth melody with looooong reverb being somewhat typical for an Ae outro.

That kind of "laser beats" (someone else wrote this) is at least interesting.

I need further listens.

Edited by Guest

it's got a wicked awesome rhythm. I love when they swing it up! At least it feels like a shuffle groove. I haven't quite figured out the melody yet though.

I find the melody to be intentionally idiotic of sorts, like "don't like it, aren't you? keep hearing what i will do to it" and the second half opens it. My only concern is the new attitude of reverbing the shit out of anything to make it sound impressive. I think closing track on Oversteps developed this idea enough.

Guest Rulohead32

also, the track title, "newbound" suggest new horizons, the track is just the beginning of a new ae era, a more popish and edm era with rhianna and clavin haris collaburashuns

Guest Rulohead32

no really, i hope after oversteps and exai they give a change to their sonority. And that doesn't necessarily mean less musical and more chaos!!!

Fell asleep whilst listening to some assorted Exai tracks followed by L-Event. Awoke from my nap in the middle of Newbound. It sounded kind of familiar, but that lovely dazed zone before being fully awake made it sound new, alien and distant, while at the same time warm and welcoming my return from sleep. Lovely track. Probably the least complex on L-Event but:

best track on the new ep, you autechrefans on watmm are really annoying when it comes to listen a damn good straight flying space melody! btw too short

Newbound works well as an outro. The EP is increasingly holding its breath up to this point, Newbound gives it a chance to chill. That said, the opening tune is obnoxious coming after osla for n.

I'm happy ae are busting out the cheesy melodies again. This one is cheesy as hell, and it's bright, but it's got a nice refined quality, tight atmospherics and shit. It's a gorgonzola or something.

Does this track sounds Aphexy to anyone? Or at least what Aphex should have been?

(Full disclosure: I like Ae about 777x as much as Aphex).

newbound is currently my fave track on album but I think that may be due to melodic accessibility (sorta like jatevee-C).

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest WNS000

best track on the new ep, you autechrefans on watmm are really annoying when it comes to listen a damn good straight flying space melody! btw too short

The problem is not the melody. I love melodies. The overall composition of the track is the problem. I agree with phling that the second half is better.

I also have problem with the mix. The "drums" are disconnected from the rest and does not sit very well in it.

M39 Diffain, on the other hand, is a mixing and production gold. Composition is a bit weak at the end (drags a bit) but overall great track.

Osla for n is the highlight of the EP for me.

Guest WNS000

I find the melody to be intentionally idiotic of sorts, like "don't like it, aren't you? keep hearing what i will do to it" and the second half opens it. My only concern is the new attitude of reverbing the shit out of anything to make it sound impressive. I think closing track on Oversteps developed this idea enough.

Yuop is their masterpiece in my opinion.