IGNORED

Wes Anderson - The Grand Budapest Hotel

MadameChaos

The film is set to hit theaters on March 7th, 2014, and also stars usual Anderson suspects Willem Dafoe, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Jeff Goldblum, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman. Murray, Norton and Schwartzman also appeared in Moonrise Kingdom, which Rolling Stone's Peter Travers called an "enchanted ride of a movie."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna hate on this, but I was pleasantly surprised by this trailer. I was worried it was gonna be too cutesy, but it looks like a hyperactive version of The Life Aquatic... I'm in.

i've never been completely displeesed with a wes anderson film, but i'd put the rushmore and the royal tenenbaums top on the list

trailer

the voice is whispering at me to pleasure delay this

.and Jeff Goldblum is in it.

I'm sold. This is going to be amazing.

It seems subtle but style wise this is a big departure for him: everything before has been either that vaguely late 60s/early 70s look to it, even if it's not actually from that time period. This is 1920s all the way from the looks of it!*

*(Now that I've said that I bet the soundtrack is going to be Mark Mothersbaugh, some 60s era French pop songs, and garage rock montage music.)

Rushmore

Royal Tenenbaums

Darjeeling Limited/hotel chevalier

Bottle Rocket

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Moonrise Kingdom

Life Aquatic

last three I'm not really sure about. Would need to watch them more recently.

i've never been completely displeesed with a wes anderson film, but i'd put the rushmore and the royal tenenbaums top on the list

trailer

the voice is whispering at me to pleasure delay this

Don't watch it. It reveals quite a bit of the plot.

i'm growing pretty fond of his richly colourful style and star studded casts of actors looking weird (and actually acting god damnmit).

i'm sure Ralph Fiennes is going to be fantastic in this. he is an actor i always enjoy watching (accept for in Harry Potter).

Darjeeling Limited/hotel chevalier

Life Aquatic

Royal Tenenbaums

Rushmore

Moonrise Kingdom

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Bottle Rocket

Is more the order i would put them in, And bottle rocket would be so low becuase its his first and not as polished as the others.

aw i hate it when they do that too. :sad:

why do they do it???

For some reason it thought that it would be a little pastiche of the colour of the piece taken from early in the film. I don't know why, hah, silly me. Anyway, it's nobodies fault but mine, i should have stuck firm, to my conviction to never go there. ;-]

aw i hate it when they do that too. :sad:

why do they do it???

For some reason it thought that it would be a little pastiche of the colour of the piece taken from early in the film. I don't know why, hah, silly me. Anyway, it's nobodies fault but mine, i should have stuck firm, to my conviction to never go there. ;-]

i'm still going to watch it, but i feel that the trailer has ruined it for me a little bit.

Yeah, these films are about surprise at encountering the quirky moments, with no fixed understanding of the direction. Well for my brain anyway, other people enjoy things in their own way. Anyway, on with the chat about the thing.

It's cause that they are run by pussies that either have no clue and are just following the pro forma set out by whomever was in charge before them on how you put out trailers, or they really have no faith in either the film they're selling's appeal or the public's ability to be able to like something without having everything explained to them before hand. It is a tad odd a Wes Anderson trailer carrying on in this way though, as the limited market going to watch this would probably attend a screening on sighting a poster alone, let alone being teased by a cute little TV spot introducing one or other character.

nwae.

Archived