11 Amniotic

12 Empires (ft. Vezelay)

OyIPviI.jpg

r8BbT4B.jpg

http://www.planet.mu/discography/ZIQ330

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

planet mu is kinda busy, it seems. was checking beatport yesterday and a huge part of the (back) catalogue was freshly available all of a sudden. way too much to check in one sitting, btw. my god...

also, big up for bambi!

any clips available?

I really like the cover artwork. Neat!

Who would have thought - Planet Mu still going strong, and Rephlex becomes more and more obscure, and WARP is just now starting to swing back towards electronic music again as it's main focus.

Guest Rulohead32

Who would have thought - Planet Mu still going strong, and Rephlex becomes more and more obscure, and WARP is just now starting to swing back towards electronic music again as it's main focus.

130211-nic-offer_0.jpg

he's sad about your statement

If it wouldn't have been for releases by Squarepusher, Autechre and Boards Of Canada Warp would have gone pretty obscure already, I think. Not saying that Warp got completely bad but they still feast from what they've built up during the 90s. They got a bit aimless and arbitrary with their releases over the last decade. Imo, Planet µ has been THE electronic music label for the last few years and is still going strong, leaving Warp behind. Perhaps it's because Steve releases stuff he likes and knows might sell, while Mike is releasing music which is interesting and has a potential to leave a footprint in the music scene.

Guest texan whip

If it wouldn't have been for releases by Squarepusher, Autechre and Boards Of Canada Warp would have gone pretty obscure already, I think. Not saying that Warp got completely bad but they still feast from what they've built up during the 90s. They got a bit aimless and arbitrary with their releases over the last decade. Imo, Planet µ has been THE electronic music label for the last few years and is still going strong, leaving Warp behind. Perhaps it's because Steve releases stuff he likes and knows might sell, while Mike is releasing music which is interesting and has a potential to leave a footprint in the music scene.

I still respect Warp but I think they've lost their way a bit since Rob Mitchell died. Whereas Mu go from strength to strength. Hard to believe Rephlex was once such a cutting edge label and is now a joke.

I think it's hard to do both - release what you think is interesting while at the same time releasing things that will make the label money. Planet µ has been fortunate to be able to do both quite well (well, except that footwork phase, which we'll just not mention)

If it wouldn't have been for releases by Squarepusher, Autechre and Boards Of Canada Warp would have gone pretty obscure already, I think. Not saying that Warp got completely bad but they still feast from what they've built up during the 90s. They got a bit aimless and arbitrary with their releases over the last decade. Imo, Planet µ has been THE electronic music label for the last few years and is still going strong, leaving Warp behind. Perhaps it's because Steve releases stuff he likes and knows might sell, while Mike is releasing music which is interesting and has a potential to leave a footworx in the music scene.

fikst.

I think it's hard to do both - release what you think is interesting while at the same time releasing things that will make the label money. Planet µ has been fortunate to be able to do both quite well (well, except that footwork phase, which we'll just not mention)

Sure, that's quite a fight to achieve both. But I feel Mike has been more adventurous and braver than Steve. Many releases on Warp (of the recent years) feel sort of lazy to me. Therefore I can also respect Mike's choice to go for Footwork. It was good that he took it to Europe. At least for me it would have been difficult to get to know the stuff otherwise. Warp is more about legacy. Planet µ is still about exploration.

Archived