IGNORED

Heterotic - Weird Drift

cear

liked everything but the breathy vocals... at little too forced and effete without fully embracing the cheese

Same. Those vocals ruin it for me, frankly. Those two adjectives sum them up perfectly.

I can't want for this vocal style to go out of fashion.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh i like rain a lot better with headphones on and not watching the clip. Big close ups of singers faces have never been my thing, especially when they're trying to be earnest heh, too much for my brain to have to detune out so i can focus on the music (which is the most important bit, vocals are really just another melody line to me).

Also, is it a good idea to put boxes next to rain. Then again they probably aren't made of cardboard dleetr fS!

Just picked this up. If it's anything like the other album I will love the instrumentals and find the vocal tracks a bit meh.

First track is beast :music:

vocals are way more fizzy on this one

Just picked this up. If it's anything like the other album I will love the instrumentals and find the vocal tracks a bit meh.

First track is beast :music:

vocals are way more fizzy on this one

I definitely feel Vezelay's vocals match Heterotic's sound a lot better than the last chap.

After my first play through, have to say I'm not in love with this album. I do think the first track is amazing, but of the Vezelay tracks, I only really like Shoe Soul. His voice is a bit annoying. I don't really listen to 'songs' normally though, so maybe that's why.

Regardless, the production is sweet as ever.

I am still digesting this album, but I have to say that the combo of “Liverpool” & “Sultana” as a little instrumental interlude in the middle of the record is totally stunning. Both are incredibly lovely melodic tracks in a true Mike P. style (all respect to rixxxxx as well, of course).

But seriously, two of the most beautiful tracks I’ve heard in 2014 so far, easily.

I dig the rest of the record too, it just usually takes me longer to get into pop songs.

ive been meaning to pick this up!!

finally did and wow i was deeply moved by this...

some context -- major matriarch of my family just passed: my great-grandmother. a formidable and impressive woman who essentially transformed my great-grandfathers career to starving musician to famous jazz pianist dave brubeck - not an easy feat. she was 92 and lost her battle with cancer. I respected her deeply and picked this up from a store on the way to the burial feeling a bit emotional. This album hit the tone perfectly - sombre but hopeful, a wonderful sound palette and charming melodies. anyway

rixx and bambi thanks so much for making this music. very moving and impeccably made. please make more!

Archived