IGNORED

Messing around with different techno styles

chassis

Really diggin' my Theo Parrish and Shed these days. I've never really made 4/4 stuff before so excuse me while I find my groove. All the distortion and shit is on purpose but I think I may have overdone it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

This is awesome mate. Drop10 and 20 are my favs, both really good. Drop10 has a cool blend of rave, dub, techno and the lot - very nice. I don't think you overdid the distortion, at least not for digital distribution.

This is awesome mate. Drop10 and 20 are my favs, both really good. Drop10 has a cool blend of rave, dub, techno and the lot - very nice. I don't think you overdid the distortion, at least not for digital distribution.

Cheers man! More to come :)

Drop20 is really solid. Great sounds.

If I was you I would probably work on the buildup, because it's a bit weird, but I guess you did this live or something. You should also consider add a low pass filter on those noisy snares that slides up and down the frequencies. Also, it needs a deeo bassline :)

But all in all, quite solid :)

• 1 year later...

Found 40 too repetitive, long for my taste, 20 reminds me of homework daft punk, but filtered, distorted & dubby, liking it :) . 10 starts of promising with the rave vibes, but a little harsh in the mid to high freq department imo, couldn't keep my attention.

Guest GateFour

love the vibe of drop20. Some of the drum hits introduced later on don't quite have the same "dusty"/"distorted" feel with the elements early on, but regardless, 20's my fav out of the bunch!

edit: I had no idea these were a year old, will give the new one a listen as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

That melody is pretty odd, rhythmically speaking. Interesting track.

Other stuff in this thread is v. lush also.

Interesting, I didnt think I was doing that. Care to elaborate?

I did try to keep a segregation of melody and rhythm on purpose but not to the extent where it was odd.

Drop 40 is a tune.

I enjoyed making it. It was very theo parrish inspired if you couldnt tell.

Just had a listen to all of these. Subscribed. I can see that you are a master of reverb from your non 4x4 output and it makes for lovely listening soaked and saturated dusty. drop 40 was a bit too harsh for my ears but enjoyed all the rest. untitled was a lovely way to finish off.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived