IGNORED

Mogwai - Rave Tapes

jules

This hasn't blown me away either: much prefer 65daysofstatic's latest, Wild Light, which is in the same genre ball park

65daysofstatic is definitely underrated as far as post-rock goes... admittedly haven't listened to them in a while, I should re-visit their more current stuff.

both mogwai and 65days have got progressively more boring in recent years imo. mogwai have been pretty much a snoozefest since the hawk is howling.

edit: actually I remember listening to hardcore will never die quite a lot when it was released, but I'd forgotten all about it so it couldn't have been that great.

I liked hardcore will never die more than Hawk is Howling, but yeah I agree... they've gotten a little stale, but I'd argue so has post-rock overall. I was on a big post-rock swing some years back but have moved on since.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I've come to really like this album. yes, they're aging and softening, but it sounds like they're doing it gracefully and they can still confidently write tunes that encapsulate what they're about which still pack a punch.

this one in particular really gives me feels and reminds me why I love this band so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2elJtgY6h8

I've come to really like this album. yes, they're aging and softening, but it sounds like they're doing it gracefully and they can still confidently write tunes that encapsulate what they're about which still pack a punch.

this one in particular really gives me feels and reminds me why I love this band so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2elJtgY6h8

This is the first record I've ever bought by them and I think It's real good, maybe because I'm aging too. There is a Pye Corner Audio remix of this track too in fact.

Archived