IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

Not sure if it has been asked. Any plans to come to Germany, preferably Dortmund area :emotawesomepm9: ?

yeah we're on our way right now heheh

zomg surprise gig @ zollverein?

kokerei1.jpg

could you please id this track (from old dissengage show around 95..)

i'd been trying to found out for 10 years.. Gescom ??

sorry its so short but i cannot add more..

beaumont hannant - anokhi

sisyphus-sign.jpg

You are influenced by a lot of hip-hop, mainly 80's. Do hip-hop artist that listen to your music hear that influence? How do most hip-hop artist or fans react to your music?

Outkast praising Squarepusher, Kanye West sampling Aphex Twin... Were there ever any big rap/hip-hop names that approached you for collaborations/productions, or wanted to sample you (or have?)?

Any well-known rapper that you want to be approached by?

*push*

lel kanye sampled afx, which track? didn't know about that

no clue i dunno how many hip hop ppl check our stuff

i know el-p likes some of it, he approached for collab once, might still happen i was busy as fuck at the time

i dunno there are so many i like, like asking me what's my favourite cheese or something

afx is sampled in this shameless thing:

yeah course, heard that. not bad for a bit lame - but they just had the catchy bit and should've ran with more of the rest imo

Per definition this is the last question: Did you guys ever read http://5z8.info/banned-in-the-US_q3p8hy_-----TAKE.TWITTER.LOGIN-----

repost that link - i think something went wrong there - it feeds back

Yeah, correct. I wanted to catch you in an endless loop and then sell you to best bidding fanboys but it obviously did not work. *runningawayquickly*

well while ur running if u can keep reposting that link

lel

Rob its a self referential url redirect (to the same posting), a stupid joke pls lets forget it.

After crawling through all 112 pages of this... wow.

1. You guys mentioned a custom MIDI replacement. Have you switched to ethernet or are you using something a bit more basic for routing the protocol?

2. Fans of the shows Nighty Night or Human Remains?

3. FREE PARKING: Answer your own question!

And just because I always wanted to be a lemming: My Yamaha TG-77 module is in need of a name so the rest on the rack can feel jealous. Thanks in advance!

2 - yeah i am. can't help it, Nighty Nights a bit more normal - i prefer Human Remains, its more crushing.

Guest November

haha rad, that was the one I wanted to know the most. The last ep of Human Remains may be the most bleak thing I've ever laughed at. Thanks for all the music, you'll have to imagine the thirty page autistic love letter I would have otherwise put here.

Edited by November

Not sure if it has been asked. Any plans to come to Germany, preferably Dortmund area :emotawesomepm9: ?

yeah we're on our way right now heheh

Yes and if you need a crappy clarinet player in your band :w00t: no problem. :music:

Edited by Guest

are you guys enjoying this? it looks tiring. You are very cool to do this.

yeah.

even if its making my eyes sink inwards on a daily basis. but its ok, i'll make it.

Guest through zero

hey fellas, thanks for all the music over the years.

my questions are: how do you go about your collaboration? does one of you start a patch and send to the other to build off of or is it more of a situation where you are working things out together?

do you approach the collaboration the same way on each project? i.e: one of you handles sound design and the other handles sequencing etc?

Edited by through zero

I've noticed some of your tracks have this intense, paranoid kind of mood (e.g. Ipacial Section, Pencha, Dial). Are there any particular kinds of moods/atmospheres that make you feel accomplished by having woven them into a track? Or is there something else about the act of putting emotion into sound that you tend to aim for?

Basically, what is your ideal victory when finishing a track?

Hello Sean, Rob just wanted to say hello, been a while, hope you guys are well. :happy:

ooh hi rich

are you still in roswell?

do you attract UFOs with your special electronic apparatus?

I've noticed some of your tracks have this intense, paranoid kind of mood (e.g. Ipacial Section, Pencha, Dial). Are there any particular kinds of moods/atmospheres that make you feel accomplished by having woven them into a track? Or is there something else about the act of putting emotion into sound that you tend to aim for?

Basically, what is your ideal victory when finishing a track?

i dunno they're all different

we don't really aim for anything we just see what reveals itself over time

a bit like having a conversation with reality

my questions are: how do you go about your collaboration? does one of you start a patch and send to the other to build off of or is it more of a situation where you are working things out together?

do you approach the collaboration the same way on each project? i.e: one of you handles sound design and the other handles sequencing etc?

bit of everything really, we pass stuff back and forth a lot, in various states of disassemblage

Repostin' some doss questions :derp:

1 - Whereabouts are the Paralel Suns and what's the name of each sun? (My round-about way of asking for a name for my elektrons* )

2 - You're dj-ing to the cons of Fury 161. What Phylyps "Trak" do you throw in the mix?

3 - Mike McMahon or Carlos Ezquerra?

4 - Minimal Nation or Internal Empire?

5 - "Happy Cycling" or "You Could Feel the Sky"?

6 - Selected Ambient 1 or 2?

thank you for making Draun Quarter.

it will always remind me of moving cross country a long time ago, listening to this as scenery and roadside weeds flash by at speed, lots of emotion bubbling up, all seeming to click with the elements of the music as I drive several hundred miles west into the sun, untethered between homes. your sounds are tattooed on my brain.

speaking of tattoos, do either of you have any? I'm one of those 'blanks' who thinks life will provide enough scars and character over time naturally. It, well adornment in general, seems way more prevalent here in the land of smoke-screens and window dressing.

Draun Quarter is the bees knees, outro is bliss. Ae Top 20 (or 10?) for sure ;)

thanks back...totally glad it sorted you out

1-

2-

3-

4- internal empire (cos of the title track), 'and' minimal nation, (cos its longer)

5- both for sure

6- 1

Edited by Rob Ae

how are your backs holding up? (eh sorry if this sounds weird)

i mean i do notice a lot of strain from standing, head down looking at gear, or just sitting at a desk a lot....

mine was a bit fucked about 10 years ago but i got a new bed and new chairs and it seemed to sort itself out

just don't sit in one pos for too long, keep moving round

few ppl i know use exercise balls to achieve this but i got a dead mobile chair and it works for me

had a standing desk type scenario briefly for a bit but reverted

Guest through zero

thanks, when it come time to output the track, are both of you performing the patch in real time? if so, do you edit the track post performance?

bit of everything really, we pass stuff back and forth a lot, in various states of disassemblage

could you please id this track (from old dissengage show around 95..)

i'd been trying to found out for 10 years.. Gescom ??

sorry its so short but i cannot add more..

beaumont hannant , mines still on vinyl copy so i'll id the actual track asap

Edit - sym-phon5

if theres one unsung hero in all this talk of UK electronica scene cMid 90s its Beamont Hannant, i want all to go get some.

Edited by Rob Ae

Hi Sean and Rob,

Could one of you quickly ID a track from your first Exai webcast?

The one from 4:39:00 to 4:42:30 after Get the Balance Right and before Tour de France

Killer transitions between all three of those tracks btw

These questions have probably been asked somewhere in these 113 pages, but

1) Can you name any softsynth vst's specifically used on Exai/that you're currently using? I think Zebra was mentioned a while back. Is the G2 still used loads?

2) Would you consider doing a studio tour video?

3) Do you have any favorite Vst's currently? Can you recommend anything for screwing up drum sounds?

4) Rob, could you elaborate on why you're not jumping on the eurorack bandwagon? (Speaking of bandwagons can you name my Maschine? xD)

Thanks a lot! I read this for hours last night while listening to artists that you mentioned throughout.