IGNORED

"Plug me in" Cover Versions

Guest teetime

Guest teetime

[youtubehd]SYw8YVWFecA[/youtubehd]

[sc5]7485705[/sc5]

Shobaleader One is full of decent songwriting. Imagine him writing songs for andre 3000.

Guest bitroast

/One of the few who don't hate Shobaleader.

man. people that don't like shobaleader are insane, and should be the minority.

imo.

Kinda liked it, completely different interpretation which showcased the strength of the songwriting and makes you wanna go and listen back to the original with a new ear. Also it has the most poignant delivery of the lyric ''Fresh from the studio'' i've heard this year :cat:

I'm going to be controversial and say I like her voice. Sounds like a blacker Esthero.

nah, she's good. sort of weird phrasing in a few places, but whatever. Good cover.

the guy's voice on the piano cover is... well, it doesn't do it for me. I'll leave it at that.

Plug Me In is a perfectly written song, but a major appeal for me is that vox in the original version makes the central conceit pretty overt, ie, it's a babymaking slowjam from the metaphorical perspective of pieces of studio equipment preparing to line up 'male' and 'female' connections. It's hilarious and absurd and it makes sex itself seem hilarious and absurd, but at the same time it is just a fucking good fucking song, you know, and that delightful tension and humor gets lost a bit in more earnest covers of the song.

But I like the first cover. The vibe is correct.

My logitech keyboard dongle is now getting a really shitty signal from my keyboard, causing many edits in this post. come on guys, work it out. have some red wine, put on some shobaleader one, get a little closer. that's better. yeah, that's real good. you keep... you keep doing that. don't mind me. yeah. yeah.

Guest teetime

[youtubehd]CoyycoK3FHU[/youtubehd]

I like this the best, I think there was another one worth listening.

Yes thats a good one! Here is another recital by "joe schneider".

[youtubehd]8mnZQkHns5M[/youtubehd]

Plug Me In is a perfectly written song, but a major appeal for me is that vox in the original version makes the central conceit pretty overt, ie, it's a babymaking slowjam from the metaphorical perspective of pieces of studio equipment preparing to line up 'male' and 'female' connections. It's hilarious and absurd and it makes sex itself seem hilarious and absurd, but at the same time it is just a fucking good fucking song, you know, and that delightful tension and humor gets lost a bit in more earnest covers of the song.

Yeah. The covers kinda reveal just how great these songs are though. I really hope he writes some more pop stuff. Plug Me In is such a perfect album opener, man.

joe schneider.. is the best! Love to hear a 12 track album of Squarepusher covers from all of TJ's albums....

As for Kim Mayo... nice enough take on it.....................lets see her do a "my fucking sound" cover....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived