IGNORED

Jupiter Ascending

Rubin Farr

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the Wachowskis had a major hit since the last Matrix movie? I don't know how they keep getting these big budget movies funded.

I've wondered about the same thing, but on the other hand, "Speed Racer" was way underrated. I saw it with my wife and son at an awesome old drive-in theater and I was pleasantly surprised. Good family movie, and very psychedelic, weird editing.

oh wow this movie looks awful

Jupiter Jones (Mila Kunis) is an unlucky Russian immigrant who cleans toilets for a living. She encounters Caine (Channing Tatum), an interplanetary warrior whom the Queen of the Universe sent to kill Jupiter. Caine tells Jupiter that the stars were pointing to an extraordinary event on the night she was born, and that her DNA could mark her as the universe's next leader.[1][2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_Ascending

lol

that looks terrible, and stupid (i.e. terribly stupid). here's is another warner bros. sci-fi stupidity for you to waste your money on next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw

i can't be the only person who thinks godzilla looks fucking badass

You are not.

I'm genuinely excited about Godzilla. I also really like the new roar.

The story seems a bit naff but I do like the sci-fi technology (and Kunis is always a plus). If somehow they could mix great production design with a great story, I would be happy.

The Godzilla seemed like the run of the mill monster movie.

i can't be the only person who thinks godzilla looks fucking badass
You are not.
I'm genuinely excited about Godzilla. I also really like the new roar.

Yeah this actually looks alright. I like how the trailer has some pacing and isn't just another Inception-style bass-fart-collage like every trailer ever. Also it seems like this Godzilla-version would focus more on the human's perspective of a catastrophe, kinda like Spielberg's War of the Worlds version, which is way more exciting than just showing overhead views of the monster destroying random shit. Could be good! Of course not *actually great* but for a monster movie, this looks as exciting as it gets!

Jupiter doesn't look thaaat bad either.

Have the Wachowskis had a major hit since the last Matrix movie? I don't know how they keep getting these big budget movies funded.

Don't you mean since the 2nd Matrix movie? I wouldn't call the last one a "hit" in any sense.

Don't you mean since the 2nd Matrix movie? I wouldn't call the last one a "hit" in any sense.

The Matrix movies banked over $1.5billion in the box office. That buys a whole lot of good will in Hollywood. The rest of the movies they've been involved in also raked in a couple of hundred million.

Archived