IGNORED

1 1 is the halfway point

Guest RadarJammer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eleven eyes

oh and furtheremore I think this fits in pretty nice where it is on the album. The first half of the track growing ominously from bladelores and the second half reluctantly being sucked into the madness of nodezsh.

It's been said in AAA that Exai is 3 or 4 EPs put together (i forgot which is right, i guess 4 with L-event) rather than 2 parts.

Would be fun fitting these hidden EPs within Exai together to create a more harmonious flow, just making bite size sections is a good start. The section consisting of prac-f, vekoS, Flep, 1 1 is which you proposed (in different thread I think) sounded very neat and concise together, they're also a handful of my favourite Exai tracks mind you, but maybe some of lesser liked tracks would shine if put in a different sequence.

1 1 is was an immediate standout on my first listen and quickly became my favourite from Exai. I'm a sucker for the ae 'hip hop' tracs. It still has that fresh, ohmygohd feel to it every time I go back and listen.

It's that good.

Yeh, agreed with dumplings. Liking the noisy snare drum, and the melody starting in 1:43. Also how in all the organised mess, there's that hi-hat sticking out. There's also that deliberate FFT fuckery in 2:27. And of course the phaser-type effect that dominates the first half.

11 is and recks on seem to pair to me. I'm a fan of anyone still FFT'ing stuff since it missed the dubstep wagon. the mental disassembly coming from the tempo halving and granulation at 4:20 and beyond is what does it for me. Makes it seem like the first half of the track was a person's nausea, realizing what they'd done, and the 4:20 on is their conscience finally setting in with how their life will change.

cloudline is my fav so far ;)

1 1 is was an immediate standout on my first listen and quickly became my favourite from Exai. I'm a sucker for the ae 'hip hop' tracs. It still has that fresh, ohmygohd feel to it every time I go back and listen.

It's that good.

+1, basically.

I'll add its hugely enjoyable both on headphoens (where it feels like the music is feeding on your brain) and on a gigantic sound system (the 3d sound space is unbelievable).

Definitely my favorite on Exai as well. It's unlike anything else

It's just so dense and thick

I love the ending where the track's world is trying to hit that bell and at first it can't get a good solid knock in and it's a bit muffled, but as the track goes on further and further it gets in some real solid hits that really knock that bell to hell. Gives it a good full echoey sound

I love it when tracks create not just imagery in your mind, but imagery of a hypothetical landscape where the track is played 24/7 because the objects in the landscape necessarily make those noises on a regular basis

I love how AE doesn't lay the syrup on thick - they make you work for it during the buildup

ya this track is brilliant. it makes me think about the first time i read the war of the worlds - all the walkers taking positions while it all builds up to 4:24 and then the death rays start shooting

1 1 is one of the best compositions/productions I have ever heard. Everything is absolutely right in that track. However, I think the ending is over-compressed (taking needed aggressiveness away) and too low in volume - not giving the gradation enough justice. I always have to crank that part up in order to satisfy my gradation needs... :-) Still love it anyway.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah the cd skipping sound is kinda weird. i think they include elements like that to pull you in and out of the groove. that groove is so deep you just fall right into it. they had to throw in some off kilter clicks to keep you on your toes.

wonderful track though, a diamond in the rough.

Sent from hell using fire

• 4 months later...

Archived