IGNORED

Patten - ESTOILE NAIANT

yshf

Already a new EP? Just discovered Eolian Instate which is pretty experimental / brave for a current Warp release. Quite liked it on first listen. Happy, that Warp are still releasing stuff like that and not only boring Bibio hippie music.

• 1 month later...
Guest bitroast

looking forward to this.

i'm not too overly familiar with patten. was at record shop last month and came across the EP "EOLIAN INSTATE" and really liked the combination of the elegent design aesthetic, warp logo and it being in the electronic section. so i purchased it on a whim. and really, really, really like it. the first two tracks are pretty good, but the second 3 tracks is when it really gets good and starts getting juicy and psychedelic.

haven't heard his first album yet... or this one... but i'm looking forward to hearing it^^

(it seems to be available now for purchase!)

looking forward to this.

i'm not too overly familiar with patten. was at record shop last month and came across the EP "EOLIAN INSTATE" and really liked the combination of the elegent design aesthetic, warp logo and it being in the electronic section. so i purchased it on a whim. and really, really, really like it. the first two tracks are pretty good, but the second 3 tracks is when it really gets good and starts getting juicy and psychedelic.

haven't heard his first album yet... or this one... but i'm looking forward to hearing it^^

(it seems to be available now for purchase!)

his first album is has some wicked tracks, worth checking out

This album is awesome, Drift is my favorite track so far. I like the way he uses stereo separation to keep all the little weird sounds distinct in the mix. Now I have to go back to the record store and get a copy of Eolian Instate.

Guest bitroast

oh yeah man, do it:)

i can't find any of the b-side tracks on youtube, but the b-side on that EP is what made me really get into him (maybe that just means it took me approx 2-3 songs to get into his style??). but i'm pretty sure the later tracks on that ep are better :)

Guest bitroast

40 minutes is a perfect length for an lp.

my attention tends to struggle with most longer albums.. hearing that an album is 40 min is definitely a plus in my books^^

(plus, you could listen to it side by side with the Eolian Instate EP and pretend its 60 minutes :)

40 minutes is a perfect length for an lp.

my attention tends to struggle with most longer albums.. hearing that an album is 40 min is definitely a plus in my books^^

(plus, you could listen to it side by side with the Eolian Instate EP and pretend its 60 minutes :)

Interesting! I prefer 60 - 75 minutes especially if the pieces are varied and interesting.

I'll check out the EP and LP and do as you suggested :)

Guest bitroast

(( Haha I'm still waiting for my order to arrive so I have no idea if the two work together )) :)

• 2 weeks later...

so... u know, if this was really really good i feel like people would be talking about it more

To talk about something someone first needs to listen to it, i'm sure the listen/talk ratio is good at WATMM.

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

I am really thinking of buying this album, after really enjoying EOLIAN INSTATE

but first, a question, does anyone recognise the song played at 0:37 in this video?

I am really thinking of buying this album, after really enjoying EOLIAN INSTATE

but first, a question, does anyone recognise the song played at 0:37 in this video?

video

Yeah, it must be "& our wild paths intersect" from his previous LP GLAQJO XAACSO

http://youtu.be/Ff9G5wYJo1k

Most of his live stuff is from that album.

Archived