IGNORED

Fennesz - Bécs

Tauhid

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice

although i've heard through the grapevine that he's been experimenting with singers...

not sure if he went that direction on the album... hope not

Hoping he keeps it instrumental as well. If he's done something with background vocals it may be ok.

Guest bitroast

There's that song on Venice with vocals/ poetry. The vocals are definitely not in the background on that one.

Anyway. Looking forward to this. Black Sea and that Seven stars EP are both really good:.

(I also really like the mark fell remix on the Fa 2012 ep but that's more of a mark fell appreciation thing really)

Bottom line is, I like fennesz and I think fennesz is really good and I am looking forward to this muchly !!

There's that song on Venice with vocals/ poetry. The vocals are definitely not in the background on that one.

Anyway. Looking forward to this. Black Sea and that Seven stars EP are both really good:.

(I also really like the mark fell remix on the Fa 2012 ep but that's more of a mark fell appreciation thing really)

Bottom line is, I like fennesz and I think fennesz is really good and I am looking forward to this muchly !!

I must admit that the voice on Transit put me of first, but the crooning baritone timbre does have its charm. I think my info grapevine hinted it's a more soulful female singer this time. I just hope it wont be too "pretty" or something. (IF there even will be singing on the album, I have no idea about that)

I also hope he doesn't go too soft all-round. There wasn't much grainy distortions on that AUN soundtrack.

Another thing Fennesz said he was experimenting with, and that's the usage of drums. Which can be heard on the track Seven Stars. I fucking love Fennesz (Black Sea is one of my alltime favourites) but I am anticipating this next album really carefully.

Oh yeah, and apparently Bécs means Vienna in Hungarian. Not sure why it's in Hungarian. Here's hoping for an Aaron Funk cameo?

• 1 month later...

These are the additional musicians that get credited for contributing to this release:

Modular Synthesizer on “Sav" by Cédric Stevens
Bass on “Static Kings" by Werner Dafeldecker
Drums on “Static Kings" by Martin Brandlmayr
Drums on “Liminality" by Tony Buck

So no singers, unless Mr Fennesz decided to start crooning over some of the tracks.

Drums. I like drums + fennesz, I think.

There were drums on his Seven Stars EP, played by Steven Hess. They actually worked pretty well:

That new track sounds amazing.

Oh wow, I was really hoping that he would return to the songy sort of structures of endless summer. Didn't imagine he'd do it while also bringing back the aggressive distortion of the instrument ep. I couldn't be more psyched on this, so rad.

Oh wow, I was really hoping that he would return to the songy sort of structures of endless summer. Didn't imagine he'd do it while also bringing back the aggressive distortion of the instrument ep. I couldn't be more psyched on this, so rad.

Absolutely - was getting a little tired (that might be too strong a word) of his sound but this is back to crunchy goodness !

I too haven't really enjoyed anything he's released since Venice but that sample track 'The Liar' sounds amazing. I'm really looking forward to this. Sounds much more exciting than the more mellow recent stuff. Also looking forward to seeing him this Friday here in NYC at Carnegie Hall.

• 1 month later...

Archived