sheatheman

This is the place to post your classic cup images.

Solo is a long-time manufacturer and restaurant supplier specializing in disposable foam products. There are other brands to be sure.

Their most iconic design is the "Solo Jazz" cup (thanks roasty), pictured below. You can also post classic sugar, salt & pepper, and condiment packet images -- anything for the consumer-on-the-go.

Also, be on the lookout for the ultra-rare, orange cup. You've seen it in movie theaters on Seinfeld. We do not know the name of this cup.

t0iRXQ9.jpg

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dart is another mainstay manufacturer, although, historically, they are not as adventurous as Solo in their designs or the names of those designs. Notwithstanding, I present you with the Dart "Red Accents Cafe" Cup:

8onLYIA.jpg

Is this something to do with the whole it's so crappy it's gonna make me look cool thing that is passing itself off as a couple of music genre's at the moment, spilling out into normal posting.

get a bloog, post it in your status update.

Luke, the "Gatorade Marathon" cup is definitely classic. Thank you for thinking of it.

Is this something to do with the whole it's so crappy it's gonna make me look cool thing that is passing itself off as a couple of music genre's at the moment, spilling out into normal posting.

get a bloog, post it in your status update.

I see this thread blooming into a larger commentary. Discussion is encouraged. Considering some of the topics that have turned into 50 page affairs, I see no harm in posting iconic cup pictures and discussing their enduring societal imprint.

If you see any RL versions of these cups, snap a photo and post them here.

Moderators, I am willing to contribute a one-time donation of $25 dollars to the forum in order to keep this thread alive.

This is the place to post your classic cup images.

Solo is a long-time manufacturer and restaurant supplier specializing in disposable foam products. There are other brands to be sure.

Their most iconic design is the "Solo Jazz" cup (thanks roasty), pictured below. You can also post classic sugar, salt & pepper, and condiment packet images -- anything for the consumer-on-the-go.

Also, be on the lookout for the ultra-rare, orange cup. You've seen it in movie theaters on Seinfeld. We do not know the name of this cup.

t0iRXQ9.jpg

I think its called the jazz wave pattern.....oh just realised your askin about the orange one.......

tumblr_lz1il6H78y1qhp3olo1_r1_400.gif

Luke, the Tim Horton "Red Cup" is a subset of classic cups I refer to as "Road Cups," or cups you get on the road, going who knows where. All that matters is you're driving into the sunset with a beverage in your right hand and the steering wheel in your left hand.

I like the images of post-use accumulation. Don't be afraid to post single cups too.

~~~

I will do my donation in 25 installments, if that is alright. I need to keep enough in the bank for a road cup every now and then.

39rf5yS.png

Pyramid: the "Orange Crush" carbonation cup is refreshing both in it's recognition and recollection. I can imagine the smell mostly, and the condensation that turns the walls to pulp after a summer day.

The "Ornate Greek" cup is a TRUE classic. I can't believe I didn't remember it. This is real.

giphy.gif

the holy grail

Thank you. If only we could find the Orange One, which I believe to be equally sacred.

I just looked to my left to find x2 Solo Mystique.

attachicon.gif0130141735-00.jpg

Big ups solo

The corollary of a RL manifestation of a classic cup is a sort of dark associative resonance, something uncanny. Good work.

video description is a lie. You can hear the guy blowing into the mic, so the guy can't be in the closet while the friends recorded it.

Archived