sheatheman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want to live in a castle made out of these cups, and wear a suit of armor with a coat of arms on it that's emblem is one of the cups, and peer between the ramparts at people across the moat, from up above

have a draw bridge i can lower to let them in or not

or if i don't like them, really big cups full of scalding oil to pour all over them

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/jun/27/recyclable-coffee-cup-uk-landfill-breakthrough

More than 2.5bn cups are thrown away in the UK every year – enough to go round the world five and a half times. But few are recycled and nearly all end up in landfill, creating 25,000 tonnes of waste – enough to fill London's Royal Albert Hall.

Conventional paper cups are made from paper laminated with plastic, making them difficult to recycle. Under EU health and safety regulations, coffee cups cannot be made from 100% paper or cardboard alone. A thin layer of plastic is bonded on to the cup to keep the drink warm and stop the paper from getting soggy. But it is attached so tightly that those cups need special facilities to separate the linings, with almost all recycling plants rejecting the cups and sending them straight to landfill.

The British entrepreneur and engineer Martin Myerscough, founder of the 'cardboard' bottle now being used for milk and wine, has devised an alternative to make recycling easier. The Green Your Cup has a thin film liner that is designed to separate easily from the paper in the recycling process, leaving 100% paper which can then be recycled.

Read some news about the world's first fully recyclable paper cup today. It was riveting.

I love WATMM - where else would you find a thread like ths?

I've been carrying this recyclable paper cup in my WALLET for nearly 18 years now, and thanks to this forum I finally have a reason to take a picture of it!

I'm saving it for the zombie apocalypse, BE PREPARED.

Baqc7Y8.png

Guest bitroast

Read some news about the world's first fully recyclable paper cup today. It was riveting.

I've been carrying this recyclable paper cup in my WALLET for nearly 18 years now, and thanks to this forum I finally have a reason to take a picture of it!

I'm saving it for the zombie apocalypse, BE PREPARED!

cup.jpg

where's the cup?

does that thing hold water??

cup.jpg

where's the cup?

does that thing hold water??

That is the cup and it does hold water! Oh what modern times we live in, to have a mechanical servant to help us drink a few ml of water so effortlessly.

nfdHG4A.png

I searched online and found a few other references to the quote on the cup - one was unrelated (the name of an album in fact!):

http://www.amazon.com/Another-Innovative-Idea-People-On/dp/B00005RJBD

But a few others have come across the cup itself, and apparently it was included with single-dose OTC drugs found in gas stations and such:

http://amymeshell.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-cup-runneth-under.html

http://utteroutrage.blogspot.com/2007/10/saturday-whimsy-scrips-and-icup.html

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bradlauster/2191171235/

• 2 weeks later...

cup.jpg

From the OP to you: Meant 2 B.

capri-sun-no-straw1.jpg

Plot twist

further twist(top)

image_capri_sun_bigpouch_mauicooler1.jpg

I grew up with this nathan's plastic mug in my house

i can't find a picture of it so this one from ebay will have to do:

7q8OnIbl.jpg

it wasn't this exact cup, but the colors are the same. it had a green plastic handle and a sketch of various coney island landmarks including the first nathans. i'll have to grab a picture of it the next time i'm at my grandmothers house.

also i'd like to submit for consideration the og nathans cup:

L6JJMZz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

cup.jpg

From the OP to you: Meant 2 B.

As soon as I read your OP and saw the words "anything for the consumer-on-the-go" I instantly thought of my kooky, beloved mechanical servant. I almost forgot about the thing, even though it's been in my back pocket for 18 years :cat:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

cup.jpg

tumblr_m6va8vl6SB1rarteio1_500.gif

• 3 months later...

Archived