IGNORED

Acid Tape Track

usagi

Selection 16 also has Tomorrows World on. That track is a blinder.

indeed, I spent a lot of time with that one as well. it's one of those tracks that reminds you about a certain time in your life.

a lot of interesting facts about the making of Selection 16 if you read some squarepusher interviews. a lot of the stuff that sounds sequenced are actually played on a bass with a note-to-midi pickup

a lot of interesting facts about the making of Selection 16 if you read some squarepusher interviews. a lot of the stuff that sounds sequenced are actually played on a bass with a note-to-midi pickup

Like where? Search only came up with dodgy links.

one of my fave SP LPs too (if not THE fave)

This album once saved my life/sanity when I thought it'd be a good idea to take 'shrooms and go record shopping in London.

Bought the CD and put it on repeat on my CD walkman. Must've listened to it at least 12 times that day.

• 3 weeks later...

yeh this one is a pretty cool release. i like how it's kinda low-key, not quite as wanky on production tricks as some of his other releases, a bit more straight forward. sorta like Burningn'n Tree comp which i think to me represents the ideal of what 90s dnb is.

the maximum priest release seems to follow in the same vein as sel16 a bit, and this track on there always makes me lol when it comes on when i play the ep:

[youtubehd]SYyKmACIFSg[/youtubehd]

some people seem to look down on it, but i like how some of the SP/aphex stuff has moments of humor in them.

anyway, it'd be pretty cool if he had enough of these more straight forward types of tracks left over from his career to do another comp of unreleased type stuff.. if he has any.

Just downloaded his entire discography, Selection Sixteen was definitely one of the albums that caught my attention. Also Burningn'n Tree is fucking wicked. Male Pill 5 anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v-UiK9n0Zk=Yk

How about you "buy" his discography? wtf man why are you downloading his music when it's readily available to buy?

Or are you assuming it somehow took zero effort to make and therefore deserves 0$?

Edit: ok.... pulling it back. Most members on this forum actually respect the featured artists and buy the music legally and discuss it afterwards. I think it's incredibly disrespectful to download his discography when you can buy it and give him the money he deserves. Also read the rules.

Whoaa there

I download the discography of every artist I like, buy the albums and songs I like, and delete all the downloaded stuff

I respect 100% that these people deserve to be paid, in fact just bought Selection Sixteen and Burningn'n Tree today

Just downloaded his entire discography, Selection Sixteen was definitely one of the albums that caught my attention. Also Burningn'n Tree is fucking wicked. Male Pill 5 anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v-UiK9n0Zk=Yk

How about you "buy" his discography? wtf man why are you downloading his music when it's readily available to buy?

Or are you assuming it somehow took zero effort to make and therefore deserves 0$?

Edit: ok.... pulling it back. Most members on this forum actually respect the featured artists and buy the music legally and discuss it afterwards. I think it's incredibly disrespectful to download his discography when you can buy it and give him the money he deserves. Also read the rules.

Whoaa there

I download the discography of every artist I like, buy the albums and songs I like, and delete all the downloaded stuff

I respect 100% that these people deserve to be paid, in fact just bought Selection Sixteen and Burningn'n Tree today

sorry I was drunk. embarassing =(

welcome to the forums.

love you

edit: check pm pls

already replied earlier but just wanted to come back to say after reading this thread I can't stop playing this track. Pure, simple, Squarepusher insanity

• 3 weeks later...

Dedicated Loop definitely seemed like that. Fucking loved that track.

I felt back in those days that Selection Sixteen was a fun album, but it miss the edge that people need in a Squarepusher album. Same for Maximum Priest and Budokhan Mindphone in that era. Lots of experimentation but it goes nowhere. I mean his next up was Go Plastic!

I wish I was a fly in a studio when he started experimenting post-S16 with the Eventide. Is there any Eventide in S16?

Btw why is it called 16 when the original had 13 tracks?

Archived