IGNORED

Swans - To Be Kind

usagi

Long-running avant-rock bludgeoneers Swans have completed their 13th studio album, To Be Kind, which will appear on May 13th in a variety of formats — triple LP, double CD, a deluxe CD with a live DVD and a USB stick with "ultimate, high quality" versions of the songs.

Rolling Stone piece here

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck yes, been following the little blurbs Mr. Swans has been posting on Facebook about the process. Picking this one up no question. The stuff they've put out since their reformation has been amazing.

• 1 month later...

Just saw Michael Gira on a (for me) very special acoustic solo set in Amsterdam last week, it was great. To my suprise (never saw him. or Swans live) he played a lot of old and new Swans tracks. Finally bought the Seer (and had the honor to chat a little with the man himself, as well as him signing the album), but still haven't heard one second off the album. My Father... was such a good album, I just want to really have a few hours off and really sit down for the Seer and be overwhelmed, but I still haven't...

So, this album has to wait a while I guess, although I'm really looking forward to this album, especially for Oxygen.

Also, some guy came up to me back then and said he only liked to listen to a Swans album just once, then he could never listen to any of them again, but every Swans listen was lifechanging for him. Thought that was an interesting thought, as I don't listen to Swans that much but when I do...

/end drunk watmming

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this they've been on a high streak since coming out of hiatus, The Seer was amazing... Gira still scares me (even though I hear supposedly he's very approachable when not on stage)

• 2 weeks later...

"Louder....louder...no, much louder" - M. Gira

"get rid of all that low end"

under other circumstances, a remark like this would make me do a complete 180 and gtfo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mavan

I can't wait for that album to arrive, though I prefered the shorter tracks on The Seer and I would wish for some more, but Mr. Gira just can do no wrong and I'm happy with whatever direction he takes.
A little god in my hands got me really hyped up.

The single is on spotify. Not the album. ?

Huh, that's strange. I listened to it the other day, but now it's gone. The Seer isn't on there anymore either!

Archived