IGNORED

[LDN] Venetian Snares + Luke Vibert + Red Snapper

Soloman Tump

Soundcrash presents a rare and exclusive headline show with Aaron Funk, the sonic terrorist best known for his work as Venetian Snares for an all nighter at Scala, London, 24 May 2014! An eclectic Soundcrash line up to cover all of your (8 hour) needs with Luke Vibert + Red Snapper LIVE joining the bill and showcasing brand new material…Do not miss out.

Tickets purchased. I really like the Scala, its a decent mid-sized venue with (from what I remember) good sound.

Linky

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I hadn't though of that

My ticket's arrived! I hope to feel really warm and absorbent, gonna eat some oats and things to make sure all my cells are filled with energy, maybe have a few naps beforehand and meditate under a tree for a while

• 2 months later...

Please arrive early to avoid queues. This show is almost sold out, last chance to tell a friend! Final tickets : http://www.soundcrashmusic.com/venetian-snares/
SET TIMES:
10:30pm – 11:00pm FUTURE DUB ORCHESTRA
11:00pm – 11:30pm SOUNDCRASH DJ'S
11:30pm – 12:45am RED SNAPPER
12:45am – 2:30am LUKE VIBERT
02:30am – 04:00am VENETIAN SNARES
04:00am – 06:00am LPZ

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Any suggestions for pubs in the area for a few drinks beforehand? Always up for meeting new people

Great to meet you hoggy! My hearing is fucked although I do recall getting smashed in the side of the head at some point so it may not be sound system related.

Snares was class, his new tracks all sounded amazing.

Hand Throw! Welfare Wednesday! He even dropped one of the tracks from cubist reggae can't remember which one right now

yeah I'm half deaf in one ear too - apparently you should get a load of magnesium in you, there's some evidence it helps - you get it in dark chocolate, walnuts, berocca

fuck that ruled so much, we all went into a future dimension

Great to meet you too dude

god I'm going to a barbecue and to see X-men with a bunch of people I've not met before today I hope I can cope

There were times when it seemed the whole dancefloor was involved in mosh pit mayhem, we were generally at the back near the stairs and were quite often enveloped by chaos. Moments later I found myself right at the front and helping some guy crowd surf onto the stage. Fucking mental, loved it.

Sorry didn't see you to say goodbye madame, it was cool to meet you.

Exactly how many people in the crowd looked like Aaron funk? I guess I was a bit drunk hah

Also must big up red snapper. Great love act and really groovy stuff. They played one quite downbeat track that lost the flow of the set a bit but otherwise top quality. Sound quality improved for them as the dancefloor filled up, started off pretty flat sounding.

Luke vibert nailed it of course, he played Bam Bam's where's your child in amongst a bunch of other quality acid tunes and plenty of old school hip hop stuff. Think he nailed the vibe perfectly because there was definitely a lot of tension in the room before snares started, then of course it went off big time.

Yes. This was awesome. So loud I agree .... sure I heard a few tracks off the chocolate wheelchair? but it's hazy! the mosh circle was crazy. I had shoes with no grip so I stayed out of it! and the stuff funk was playing at the end of his set was real heavy stuff! his singing on the mic was a little bit of a laugh! Only caught Luke vibert too and he did an ace set.

Archived