IGNORED

Tobacco – Ultima II Massage

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

New album from Tobacco (main dude from black moth super rainbow) coming may.

tobacco_ultimalp.jpg

RELEASE DATE MAY 13, 2014

LABEL GHOSTLY

FORMATS DIGITAL, VINYL, CD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

Pretty fucking hyped. Can't wait.

Tracklist:

Ultima II Massage:

1. Streaker (ft. Notrabel)

2. Good Complexion

3. Video Warning Attempts

4. Eruption (Gonna Get My Hair Cut at the End of the Summer)

5. Lipstick Destroyer

6. Self Tanner

7. Face Breakout

8. Blow Your Heart

9. Beast Sting

10. Dipsmack

11. Creaming for Beginners

12. Omen Classic

13. Pool City, McKnight Road

14. Spitlord

15. Father Sister Berzerker

16. The Touch from Within

Y'all probably heard but pre-orders are up. Almost got a cassette, but I don't have a reliable deck so I went with vinyl. Can't wait to hear this.

Fun fact time:

Eruption was actually a draft floating around awhile ago - I first heard it back in late 2012 I believe. Those were my days inhabiting the bmsrfans board. Obviously it's changed a bit since then, but it's interesting to see it pop up on Ultima. I think it was actually a Demon Queen cut originally(?) but idk.

Guest bitroast

it's pretty reminiscent of the styles and melodies on maniac meat and cobra juicy, but the production on it is on a whole 'nother plane of murkiness/mudiness.

looking forward to the album. i grabbed the splashy colour vinyl (from the ghostly website because pre-orders are sold out at bmsr store).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gravity

so this leaked.

after listening to it a few times, i can say that.............. it's pretty fucking great.

extremely distorted, melted, fuzzy tobacco goodness. sounds exactly as i hoped it would. very fucking lush and dreamy... there are points where his voice is just a blur of whispery low-pitched fuzz. the more i listen, the more i enjoy it.

the cassette version might end up sounding even better than the CD. :biggrin:

so this leaked.

after listening to it a few times, i can say that.............. it's pretty fucking great.

extremely distorted, melted, fuzzy tobacco goodness. sounds exactly as i hoped it would. very fucking lush and dreamy... there are points where his voice is just a blur of whispery low-pitched fuzz. the more i listen, the more i enjoy it.

the cassette version might end up sounding even better than the CD. :biggrin:

Much excite

Guest bitroast

first listen was alright. listening to the extra levels of fuzz and trying to get my head around the obscure song layouts.

second listen i started finding the grooves.

third listen it all sort of came together and holy hell this album is incredible !! it's a dirtier super fuzzy super fucked continuation of black moth super rainbow (it sounds like dandelion gum at times with its use of delay as lead synth) and of course, the other two tobacco album. it's ... fucking incredible !!!

cannot fucking wait for the them funky splatter paint records to come in the mail (although i'm not looking forward to, i'm assuming, not knowing which side is A and which side is B and which is side is C and which side is D... )

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to be into black moth more than tobacco, but this might be my favorite tobacco album so far.

it seems to me like ultima ii and cobra juicy could be two sides of the same coin, one mostly sunny, and the other dark and mischevious.

Guest bitroast

i'd agree with that. cobra juicy is like a tamer poppier version of the coin. ultima ii massage is smidgen more twisted and demented. i think i love this album^^

Archived