IGNORED

Tobacco – Ultima II Massage

Guest bitroast

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

New video coming out on Tuesday, directed by Eric Wareheim. (aka 'ric 'ric 'ric 'ric warhemmer)

BlikP05CQAA4GgK.jpg

BlnHi3tCIAAupbu.png

Maybe it'll be Face Breakout? Also how good is Creaming For Beginners, eh?

Guest bitroast

Neither !!!

It has stickers in the middle, which makes me happy.

The flaming lips records I have done by the same vinyl guy doesn't have stickers specifying what side it is. So um... I put little stickers on them as visual guide for me to know what side to play first (CBF looking at disc etchings at every fucking time!)

Anyway. My point is, I am also looking forward to the vinyls

Neither !!!

The flaming lips records I have done by the same vinyl guy doesn't have stickers specifying what side it is. So um... I put little stickers on them as visual guide for me to know what side to play first (CBF looking at disc etchings at every fucking time!)

which lips album did you get?

Guest bitroast

Neither !!!

This is flaming lips and heady fwends from couple years back! Although I do want to get my hands on this years 7 skies h3 release !

Neither !!!

This is flaming lips and heady fwends from couple years back! Although I do want to get my hands on this years 7 skies h3 release !

I just ordered the terror and heady fwends from bella union! yea!

and this tobacco album off bloody amazon as ghostly is soldout on vinyl!

Guest bitroast

oooo noise. heady fwends is a fun album but the terror defs takes the cake between the two :)

went to record store in city and asked if they had 7 Skies H3. he said they were still waiting on 2nd shipment to arrive of RSD releases. double checked and they had 1 copy of 7 SKies H3 coming, so he got my details and said he'll reserve it. pretty stoked^^!!

oooo noise. heady fwends is a fun album but the terror defs takes the cake between the two :)

went to record store in city and asked if they had 7 Skies H3. he said they were still waiting on 2nd shipment to arrive of RSD releases. double checked and they had 1 copy of 7 SKies H3 coming, so he got my details and said he'll reserve it. pretty stoked^^!!

bastard!

Guest bitroast

ahaha! *u*

you can always go to discogs if you really want it!

oh man. speaking of flaming lips, record store day, and tobacco... flaming lips EP peace sword for record store day last year has tobacco on synth on 2 of the tracks!! this seems like a nice way to bring the conversation back to topic. i don't own peace sword but plan on getting it at some point (off discogs.. one day, i guess).

flaming lips and tobacco.^^ (although. it sounds a lot like an online collaboration of sending tracks to each other as opposed to an in studio jam)

I got peace sword from bella union too, they have it in stock but i recon it'll be expensive to ship to Aus.

I love tobacco, can't wait to hear new album!!! someone said fuzzy so i am happy!

Guest bitroast

holy shit. i really gotta spend more time outside of this thread.

but any how. just watched first episode of new mike judge sitcom Silicon Valley on hbo (it's like... office space, but a tv show, about google/etc type programmers trying to make it big?). and the opening music to the tv show is TOBACCO! tobacco is tv show ident music!! (it's stretch your face from maniac meat without vocals). and the tv show seemed good too. COOL!

just wanted to pop in to be a dick and say whenever someone prefaces a video with 'one of the most disturbing videos I've ever seen' it's likely that the end result won't be that disturbing. Parts of that video are interesting but it's definitely one of Wareheim's weaker music vids.
I still feel a little old when I listen to music like this, like parts of it sound like a dirty sludgy garage rock band and in other instances it sounds like someone solo recording their vocals and guitar into a computer and soaking them through fake lofi guitar amp plugins. Like does this project play out live with a band? Unless the music underneath all the effects is strong on it's own, i'd be surprised if this type of stuff could actually be translated live effectively. I saw Black moth super rainbow live once but i have zero memory of it.

just wanted to pop in to be a dick and say whenever someone prefaces a video with 'one of the most disturbing videos I've ever seen' it's likely that the end result won't be that disturbing. Parts of that video are interesting but it's definitely one of Wareheim's weaker music vids.

I still feel a little old when I listen to music like this, like parts of it sound like a dirty sludgy garage rock band and in other instances it sounds like someone solo recording their vocals and guitar into a computer and soaking them through fake lofi guitar amp plugins. Like does this project play out live with a band? Unless the music underneath all the effects is strong on it's own, i'd be surprised if this type of stuff could actually be translated live effectively. I saw Black moth super rainbow live once but i have zero memory of it.

I've seen Tobacco twice now, once in support of Maniac Meat and the newest tour supporting this album. Both were wonderful experiences, crowd went wild to vocoded synthesizer music accompanied by tight ass live drums and Beta Carnage's twisted video montages. It was refreshing to not only see music I love being performed at a local(ish) venue but to see others digging it as well.

Looking forward to the hand dipped vinyl, they look beautiful!

I remember seeing Tobacco a few years ago and the opening band played a few songs with them for the encore. Tobacco with live bass, drums and guitar was some pretty incendiary shit and I wondered why the guy doesn't realize that and make a whole album and tour that way. 'Twas very nice

• 4 weeks later...

Archived