IGNORED

Kassem Mosse - Workshop 19

markedone

Without much press or announcement, Berlin's Workshop Records just put out their first full length release, from Kassem Mosse:

http://hardwax.com/39550/kassem-mosse/workshop-19/

Anyone else who follows this label knows their quality control is off the charts good, and the previews here sound solid. It appears they've also repressed Kassem Mosse's previous releases, workshop 03, 08, 12.

l__acw_WS19_3_smb_37811443.jpg

Already out of stock? :wacko:

Hopefully they'll be getting more, kassem mosse commented on his facebook page that "it is not a limited release".

It hasn't even reached other shops as far as can tell. I'm waiting for it to come in stock at Juno, they have the most reasonable shipping rates to USA.

this is such a great record. almost hard to digest it all since any 3 tracks would make an excellent workshop single.

B1 is shaping to be my favorite so far, the 6 minutes goes by way too quickly. And dat crash cymbal

• 4 weeks later...

Juno still has this listed as 'forthcoming', but im starting to think they aren't going to get any copies, considering the time and that It's sold out everywhere else. Still, i'm enjoying the digital files immensely.

I've been on a kick with the whole Workshop records catalog. Workshop 16 from Marcellis is a favorite, I always get sucked into this track

I think they're pressing more. Phonica are still taking pre-orders for it and seem to be expecting a repress around April 4th. Which was yesterday obviously, so maybe it's delayed but hopefully there'll be more copies soon.

• 2 months later...

This has landed on my turntable at last (had it reserved at Delsin for ages but was waiting for the new Yagya to arrive as well).

Never paid attention to him or the label before but this is ingenious stuff. Scruffy house, something for Huerco S. fans maybe, I don't know how else to describe it, but it bangs.

How does one pronounce "Kassem Mosse"? :cat:

• 1 month later...

How does one pronounce "Kassem Mosse"? :cat:

Kah-seem Moss-ee

Maybe someone knows better than I though.

I remember in some interview he mentioned the name having extra letters, something to the extent of making it difficult to pronounce because it doesn't matter. He floats pretty freely between Kassem Mosse, Kareem Moser, KM; just riffing on it really.

Also I finally caved and ordered the 2LP, these tunes keep kicking

Archived