IGNORED

Ganja

beerwolf

Guest fiznuthian

I know anti-drug war talks and documentaries are plentiful around the net, but I watched this presentation last night and found it to be very insighful.
I'll post it here for lack of anywhere else more appropriate. Sanho Tree discusses coca more than cannabis, but it's interesting just how detrimental the US drug policy has been to the people of Columbia. Also something I had never considered is how eliminating major players in the drug trade "fragments" the participants instead of eliminating the problem at all. Worth a watch of you have an hour to spare!

[youtubehd]Fb4C6AOJZ3A[/youtubehd]

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these legal dispensaries are a great idea because you can choose a strain that suits you, rather than just getting some ridiculously potent high THC to CBD shit that gives everyone panic attacks. That's what put me off years ago, you used to be able to get nice hash that chilled you out, then all you could get was Dutch skunk. It gave weed a bad rep to be honest. Websites like Leafly are a great idea because at least you can make an informed choice.

I worked with a super silver haze male a while back to make a breeding project, luckily I got a good pheno within the first 15 seeds of the F1 generation and I have since laid the seeds to the fridge for better days. We call her, Jesus.

Super Silver Haze (Shanti's Haze C-dom male ) x Purple Arrow (Purple Afghan x Hindu Kush) is the cross and this is what she looks like

You know your shit if you love SSH, it's among the holy grails in the cannabis world.

Mmm... Nice pic, mang.

The main strains I was growing in Hawaii were White Rhino and SSH. Best of both worlds. :-) Man..... Just writing that takes me back... I used to let my white rhino grows go past milky, and they were narcotic as fuck.

You have excellent taste in genetics, those are two of the best old school crossings along with G13xSkunk and NL5xHazeC. IMO a good indica should have a fair amount of amber heads before cutting, it helps promote the best representation of what the afghani side has to offer in the WR cross. Here's another pic of the Jesus I just took @ work for droolz

post-10612-0-10481000-1393800176_thumb.jpg

Not quite sure, I don't know what the attitudes is like in your place, so I don't really have any comparison. As far as I know, weed is somewhat tolerated in small amounts (still illegal though), so if you got less than 10 (or 5?) grams on you and you get busted, they'll take it away and they probably note down your name, they might try to find out where you got it, but it'll hardly ever end up having any consequences for you. My rant about the legal situation was mostly due to the fact that it was illegal at all, in comparison to alc and tobacco being legal. I don't believe the laws are stricter than in most other countries, but the majority of citizens is probably more narrow-minded towards it.

I hang out with a lot of art students and such, and the plant is still pretty popular with these types of people as one would expect. Also we have the Netherlands right around the corner, so drug-vacations are somewhat common and also legal, as long as you're in a community that doesn't require a wietpas (some kind of ID card that secures only locals can shop at coffeeshops, some towns in Holland have that) and as long as you don't take anything back over the border with you.

I don't really know what the weed-attitude of "Johnny McNormal" is like here though, or in the USA or in Australia, but I do know most Germans are pretty much in love with their beer, and I personally think we'd all see a little less of the ol' "NICHT NICHT!" if marihuana wasn't demonized the way it currently still is. If I remember correctly, it was only about 4% of the German popularity who have even tried it. And I guess that is mostly due to the legal situation. Especially older Germans seem to love abiding by law. It's like they build up their whole self esteem based on how much of a good citizen they are. I think a little smoking would suit them well, much better than their beloved beer, to be honest. I just can't imagine people who get high every now and then to still care THIS MUCH about clean staircases, trimmed hedges or yelling at kids playing soccer on their precious lawn. German bourgeoisie is a dark place.

I told my ex-gf (who got prescribed some sort of anti-depressants by her doctor for semi-appropriate reasons) that she should stay off that shit and, if anything, smoke a joint instead, as that might help her find out what is the root of her problems rather than just numbing the symptoms - leading to her sending me "Marihuana Addiction Awareness" links ... and her dad's an alcoholic and she still likes to drink. :wacko: So that's that.

any smokers here made the pilgrimage to malana for that good charas?

(Once upon a time) I bought some fine charas in Rishikesh. It was like one of those liquorice straws you get from sweet shops, and had the texture of oily plasticine. Pukka.

Here's another pic of the Jesus I just took @ work for droolz

Velvetay frostay..... Yumz. I've smoked much more strains than I've grown, but back in ze day, I was really interested in growing for flavor but never got around to it; strains like vanilluna. But then again, I was somewhat disappointed with chocolope (flavor), so whaaaatever. Properly cured smoke always tastes pretty good.

any smokers here made the pilgrimage to malana for that good charas?

(Once upon a time) I bought some fine charas in Rishikesh. It was like one of those liquorice straws you get from sweet shops, and had the texture of oily plasticine. Pukka.

amazing, sounds like manali cream :)

I know for sure that cannabis is not a gateway drug. I've never smoked weed, and I've definitely taken acid.

Same here, I skipped weed entirely and dove into psychedelics, still haven't smoked and don't plan to.

Why would you want to trip, but not smoke any weed? No offense, but tripping without weed is like not using any lube. Not judging...

just thinking about times that i used to smoke and listen to specific albums . alot stronger memories of said music then than music i've discovered sober/lately. one negative of not doing that anymore. MEMORRRRRRRIESSSSSS

i mean i can still appreciate good music but...

as for people saying they've done acid and not weed all i have to say is WOW. and you don't even have a curiosity to try it?

That's essentially it, I'm not very interested in trying it, nothing I know about it makes me curious.

^ not even for its medical properties?

@Germany: I did some googling, 4% was the percentage of people who smoked it more than once or regularly. One out of four Germans has tried it at least once in their life. Still not all that much.

Guest Al Hounos

I finished a fairly useless Master's degree a few months ago (Political Economy) and while I was in the books for two years, marijuana exploded across the mainstream american pop culture scene.

now that i've been unemployed and job-searching for a couple months, the marijuana industry is looking mighty attractive. we're at one of those unique points in history where a new industry is being created. now (or two years ago, when i started my studies) is a great time to "get in on the ground floor".

i'm thinking i should start a grow hobby on the side as I continue looking at jobs that pay a master's degree holder $35,000/yr.

any thoughts? anyone else interested in marijuana as a career or investment?

I don't smoke much anymore, that might be down to me buying better shit and getting too wasted. I picked up some tonight on the way home, my guys got a variety of really good shit in plastic carrier bags. Tonight he weighed out 1/8th of ''Hawaii Kush'' for me to indulge in, he's talking about it's awesomeness while he's weighing it and telling me to store it in the freezer. The last shit i bought from him was that cheesey smelling grass, hot diggity dang this shit is pungent. And he had some bubblegum shit too which i tried a few months back. All the different flavours had a pretty similar effect. What's ur flava?! And how much does it cost to get hold of this decent shit where u are? It's about 30 quid for an 1/8th of the good shit where i am, and no discounts for buying 4 x that much. Always made me think this shit must be cheaper elsewhere. Damn.

Guest fiznuthian

I finished a fairly useless Master's degree a few months ago (Political Economy) and while I was in the books for two years, marijuana exploded across the mainstream american pop culture scene.

now that i've been unemployed and job-searching for a couple months, the marijuana industry is looking mighty attractive. we're at one of those unique points in history where a new industry is being created. now (or two years ago, when i started my studies) is a great time to "get in on the ground floor".

i'm thinking i should start a grow hobby on the side as I continue looking at jobs that pay a master's degree holder $35,000/yr.

any thoughts? anyone else interested in marijuana as a career or investment?

Yes, that's been on my mind. Horticulture is one of my hobbies, mostly because i'm interested in nutrition and quality food. In all honesty, as my state or a state nearby happens to get very close to legalizing i'm hoping for a chance to jump on it. Until then, my state is extremely active in ruining the lives of cannabis users and distributors so until that happens I won't go near. Honestly i'd be happy working for a crop greenhouse or farm even if things don't play out.

Is it legal or decrim where you live?

I'm stoked on my new book that just came in the mail.

oyyGQBc.jpg

It's an absolute mind fuck full of equations and plant biochemistry but it's as close as a book gets to being an encyclopedia for soil-less grow systems. :w00t::lol:

So I work a night shift now and have trouble sleeping, staying asleep, nodding off at odd times and people probably thinking I'm a junkie, but no, just tired bro. Feel me.

Shift work disorder - is this a good way to obtain the coveted medical marijuana card? Stay tuned for my personal I-Team investigation at 11.

Just ran out of rizlas and am using that fucking paper thing that tells you theres only 10 skins left as a skin. Im holding this joint like a flute. But i cant be assed going out to buy more skins. Fuck ganga.

Get a bowl/bong/bubbler/percolator/vaporizer - save yourself the hassle and some money in the long run. Also a grinder with a (chief) keef screen and you'll be all set. It's the way of the future

Guest fiznuthian

I have a vapor genie and it works great. Only drawback is it relies on lighters.. I think the electronic vapes are better if you're not too lazy to set one up when you want to toke.

Yeah, a bong or vape would be good, had a look at them online a while ago, some pretty pricey so i was like 'if i make this purchase i'm gonna have to use it all the time', got distracted and didn't add to cart.

After spending the last ten minutes scrambling around looking for another one of those '10 papers left' Rizla paper things I'm gonna check out some vapes tomorrow.

As a back up plan for when the Rizla's run out without warning. They should have another paper when there only one left. In red.Then people would go and buy more.

Guest Al Hounos

yeah fiz, the idea of growing my own food (and bud) has always been appealing to me. I'l check that book out. i'm also in a red state (Tennessee) so I wouldn't be comfortable growing anything illegal, but I think I can learn a lot through growing other things, which I can then apply to MJ down the road.

also, grinders, bowls? sounds so 2010, watmm. even here in the bible belt it's easy to get good wax. no mess, no smell, much easier on the body.

Whoa brah don't harsh the mellow! Diff'rent tokes for diff'rent strokes :cisfor:

Most of the time I'm smoking hash or bud out of a glass bowl for convenience & simplicity. My friend convinced me to get one of those cloud pen vaporizers but I really hasn't done it for me so far, though to be fair the wax I had probably wasn't the highest quality.

Here in RI its all but legalized - possession decriminalized as of last year, a full-fledged "medical" program of "patients" and "caregivers" - though no dispensaries yet. Legalization is being tossed around this political/election season, which actually pisses me off because it's one of those rubberneck diversion issues to distract from the total clusterfuck that is our state is in - unemployment, crippled state and local budgets, corrupt & ineffectual elected officials, etc.- like OMG will RI be the next staet to legalissse??? Fuck that, I actually hope they don't because TBH it's not getting any better than it is now. Funny how the black market works so efficiently, the price of good bud has pretty much stayed level for the past few years but the quality has gone waaay up, probably due to the increasing number of caregivers unloading their medical-grade surplus product on the side. Plus our pols think there's revenue there in regulation & taxation, while in reality it'll just be another trough for skimming and employing more incompetent relatives.

Archived