IGNORED

clavia nord drum: anyone have one?

kcinsu

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kymppinetti

tbf apparently there isn't a huge difference between 1 and 2. you snagged a bargain.

depends on which angle you look at it. :)

Alright guys, had to pull the trigger on this one thanks to your recommendations. Also, the biggest music chain here seems to have an offer that matches any other price I found on the net, got it for around 370 Euros including shipping. The same chain weirdly enough charges 60 Euros more in Sweden, Nord's home base. Usually everything costs 30% more here than abroad.

Guest skibby

Alright guys, had to pull the trigger on this one thanks to your recommendations. Also, the biggest music chain here seems to have an offer that matches any other price I found on the net, got it for around 370 Euros including shipping. The same chain weirdly enough charges 60 Euros more in Sweden, Nord's home base. Usually everything costs 30% more here than abroad.

u in norway or sweden?

ssshhhh :)

after posting that i kinda regretted it! id almost rather people sleep on this thing because thats how fucking good it is, its too good

im sending slow/smooth LFO random lifo sine waves to every single CC parameter (including the lsb+msb ones) and it isn't even close to choking.

u in norway or sweden?

Norway.

after posting that i kinda regretted it! id almost rather people sleep on this thing because thats how fucking good it is, its too good

OK, I'm worn to secrecy. Haha. :emotawesomepm9:

Hey now, I was vocal about it's awesomeness to your benefit... Pass it on yo!

Also, the more users, the more likely there will be updates (OS or hardware)

Guest skibby

buy me one and i will act as a human shield against any negative effects of the device that you might inadvertently sustain.

Hey now, I was vocal about it's awesomeness to your benefit... Pass it on yo!

Also, the more users, the more likely there will be updates (OS or hardware)

Actually, tbf you're right on this. It's not a competition after all... :)

im sending slow/smooth LFO random lifo sine waves to every single CC parameter (including the lsb+msb ones) and it isn't even close to choking.

I'm just playing midi loops with all the presets and having a beer or two. Easily impressed but there are some outstanding sounds in here. Actually think you could easily make a few tracks/an ep just with this.

Edit - Just gone through the 3rd program set with the percs and there are some nice melodic drums in there too. Could easily program a nice bass line/melody with them.

Ya'll are aware that you can play each voice on its own channel yeah? Set the channel to match the voice (1-6 default but you can customize), and set the pitch to 60 (middle C3) and each channel is a mono synth... Pitch will track 1:1 to the keyboard when set to C3. Otherwise send to channel 10 (again, you can customize)to play as a drum kit.

Same goes for CC... If you send on the kit channel the CC will go to all voices...

Ya'll are aware that you can play each voice on its own channel yeah? Set the channel to match the voice (1-6 default but you can customize), and set the pitch to 60 (middle C3) and each channel is a mono synth... Pitch will track 1:1 to the keyboard when set to C3. Otherwise send to channel 10 (again, you can customize)to play as a drum kit.

Same goes for CC... If you send on the kit channel the CC will go to all voices...

Yeah, this is what I'm doing (although not on purpose, I was initially planning to play it all in one channel just so I could get to grips with it and accidentally worked out how to use the 6 channels). Was explaining to my girlfriend that I can edit the sound within the Nord, play each part where I like and at whatever pitch I like. Then edit each sound in real time. She wasn't impressed...

Might try and do some chords with the perc's and some delay/reverb :)

Yeah, this is what I'm doing (although not on purpose, I was initially planning to play it all in one channel just so I could get to grips with it and accidentally worked out how to use the 6 channels). Was explaining to my girlfriend that I can edit the sound within the Nord, play each part where I like and at whatever pitch I like. Then edit each sound in real time. She wasn't impressed...

Might try and do some chords with the perc's and some delay/reverb :)

lol, yeah. Just show her the end result... Hopefully she'll enjoy that :)

ah shiiit I was gonna ask about that. That means it'd be a perfect monomachine companion, hmmmmmmm

ah shiiit I was gonna ask about that. That means it'd be a perfect monomachine companion, hmmmmmmm

Yup. mm had 6 midi tracks right? Perfect.

Archived