IGNORED

clavia nord drum: anyone have one?

kcinsu

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll are aware that you can play each voice on its own channel yeah? Set the channel to match the voice (1-6 default but you can customize), and set the pitch to 60 (middle C3) and each channel is a mono synth... Pitch will track 1:1 to the keyboard when set to C3. Otherwise send to channel 10 (again, you can customize)to play as a drum kit.

Same goes for CC... If you send on the kit channel the CC will go to all voices...

ah shiiit I was gonna ask about that. That means it'd be a perfect monomachine companion, hmmmmmmm
Yup. mm had 6 midi tracks right? Perfect.
Oh damn. OCD intensifies...

Do it!

It's officially on the list now.

Right after an Apogee Duet, RE-20, and MIDI timepiece.

Guest skibby

Do it!

what a midi timpiece is, and does i need one?

Do it!

what a midi timpiece is, and does i need one?

The Apogee Duet audio interface doesn't handle MIDI, just audio. So I need to get a separate MIDI timepiece to run data from the DAW to whatever machine I'm using. Specifically, for the Korg Volcas.

Probably this one: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/microlite

• 2 weeks later...

Any tunes/examples of Nord Drum goodness? I'll have something to add over the next few weeks, just learning what it/I can do.

Spending far too much time (although really enjoying) building my own drum kits from scratch.

Guest skibby

Any tunes/examples of Nord Drum goodness? I'll have something to add over the next few weeks, just learning what it/I can do.

Spending far too much time (although really enjoying) building my own drum kits from scratch.

OpqVvmC.jpg

Interesting, what does ND2 have in hardware+software department. Is it another Clavia's peace of gear modelled on G2/NL3 engine?
ND1 sounds like they simply took DrumSynth module from Nord Modular / G2 and implemented it as is in hardware.

I'd be curious as to hear about how the drum triggers work from those that have them. Do they pick up velocity or is a trigger only? For example, could you hook it up to that new Arturia BeatStep Pro's mutlitude of trigger outs? And if so, would that negate velocity?

the stuff hes doing at 3:50 i was particularly impressed by those type of sound engines on the nord drum. sounds like a mixture between a simmons drum model and something more physically modeled.

That demo is pretty cool.

Is there a good sequencer for this that is not an ipad app? If I had a 505 or something could I just hook it up to the midi out?

Archived