IGNORED

Is there a name for this stuff?

Guest AsylumSeaker

Guest AsylumSeaker

I understand that it's some sort of electro, just wondering whether there's a term for it so that I can use it to search for more.

Anyone got pointers for more stuff in this vein?

Space Electro Funk.

Nah, I have no idea. ERP is a style on its own. Has its roots in Detroit Techno. Very reminiscent of Drexciya. Similar artists would be Gerald Donald (duh)/Dopplereffekt. Stingray313. Urban Tribe has some awesome stuff in that same vibe.

Sadly, I'm not really knowledgeable in this scene, safe for the artist I provided. Would leave to hear more, because this style .. I fucking love this style

i call it electro, short for electro-funk. to be more specific, one could call it second wave electro. it's generally based on 4/4 808 beats + funky basslines and trippy synth pads.

i used to listen to a shitload of it. and one day i found out kraftwerk + funk + disco artists ( + jean-michel jarre lol) had done it all already a few decades earlier.

gerald donald is probably the most solid artist in that style.

Space Electro Funk.

Nah, I have no idea. ERP is a style on its own. Has its roots in Detroit Techno. Very reminiscent of Drexciya. Similar artists would be Gerald Donald (duh)/Dopplereffekt. Stingray313. Urban Tribe has some awesome stuff in that same vibe.

Sadly, I'm not really knowledgeable in this scene, safe for the artist I provided. Would leave to hear more, because this style .. I fucking love this style

Yeah I was going to say that a lot of "later waves" of Detroit Techno have this sound, including James Stinson's side projects.

• 1 month later...

Archived