IGNORED

RDJ Album First Impressions

boris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, that was dumb. Summarizing one's thoughts about those tracks in one to two words (does "eh" count as a word?) is a pretty sad sign of the times. Also, little stick man facial reactions to help communicate the thought: lame. Finally, whatever the hell those little images are supposed to mean, they just seem incorrect on a couple of the most crucial tracks.

Do I recommend this person's work for learning about music?

Y or FUCK NO.

"Peek 824545201" was what originally got me into Aphex Twin so I'm a little sensitive over his shitty nonchalant reaction to every fucking single track.

Bought when it was brand new, at the old record store at one of the subway stations in Oslo. Was pretty blown away on first listen. 4 with its hectic drums and beautiful melodies was what stuck out the most on a record with tons of new sounds, but I remember getting a clear 80s EBM vibe from Cornish Acid.

Guest Akiak

Fingerbib seems to be a popular fave, but it's actually one of the very few tracks I don't find all that special.

Fingerbib seems to be a popular fave, but it's actually one of the very few tracks I don't find all that special.

Interesting that you don't enjoy the best track on the record.

Guest Akiak

Interesting that you don't enjoy the best track on the record.

It's the middle part I don't like, I love the main melody.

yellow calx is prob my favorite on this one, followed by to cure a weakling child, but tbh this is my least favorite Aphex album.

Bought when it was brand new, at the old record store at one of the subway stations in Oslo. Was pretty blown away on first listen. 4 with its hectic drums and beautiful melodies was what stuck out the most on a record with tons of new sounds, but I remember getting a clear 80s EBM vibe from Cornish Acid.

Bought it when it on 12" when it was brand new too. Blew my mind. Couldn't stop grinning. Listened to it repeatedly all day while skinning up on the sleeve. I remember thinking that the breakdown in 4 was very reminiscent of tundra from FMWT. Haven't really been that blown away by anything since.

PS this thread is shit. Original post is shit. HOW DARE YOU BORIS YOU ARE DEAD TO ME

Listened to this album & lunatic harness exclusively on my long, stoned rides to work on the metrorail/people mover into downtown Miami for at least a year back when they released. Was some of the best times relaxing, listening to music, & people watching. Always got funny looks because the Sony mdr-v700's leaked a lot of audio that traveled well through the metrorail.

Listened to this album & lunatic harness exclusively on my long, stoned rides to work on the metrorail/people mover into downtown Miami for at least a year back when they released. Was some of the best times relaxing, listening to music, & people watching. Always got funny looks because the Sony mdr-v700's leaked a lot of audio that traveled well through the metrorail.

Yeah, when ever I listen to this I get weird looks cause that high end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fFXCMe_ap8

Archived