IGNORED

RDJ Album First Impressions

boris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Caustic Window

Is goon gumpas just a pisstake, or what? It's annoying. And Rock Witch is like a Willy Wonka apocalypse on acid. Maybe I'd have to be on acid to enjoy it (but probably too scary lol).

I really enjoy a few tracks on RDJ album and ICBYD, but I guess I'm more of an SAW I, Analord, & Tuss kinda guy. Can enjoy those pretty much all the way through.

Trackermatte for president.

maybe you'll get it when you turn 3

Reducing an album to a simple fucking word and naive meme-type drawing is pure laziness. Takes no skills, no artistic talent, it takes no brain to do that, you could do the same thing to a 2 year old child.

p.s.: Christgau does it better. A lot.

Richard D. James Album [Elektra, 1996]

Jungle sure has livelied up this prematurely ambient postdance snoozemeister. His latest synth tunes are infested with hypertime electrobeats that compel the tunes themselves to get a move on. And where once he settled for austere classical aura, now he cuts big whiffs of 19th-century cheese. He even sings. Hey, fella--I hear Martha Wash needs work. B+

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Aphex+Twin

I still prefer the comic.

wow, what a cunt. The website has the gall to call him the dean of american rock critics. Perhaps for mindless arse schlubs, that need a daddy on the mountain to tell them what his stone tablets announce today, in banter that comes out dribbling like a pointless failure filled head nod to the worst excesses of beat poetry.

Reducing an album to a simple fucking word and naive meme-type drawing is pure laziness. Takes no skills, no artistic talent, it takes no brain to do that, you could do the same thing to a 2 year old child.

Jungle sure has livelied up this prematurely ambient postdance snoozemeister. His latest synth tunes are infested with hypertime electrobeats that compel the tunes themselves to get a move on. And where once he settled for austere classical aura, now he cuts big whiffs of 19th-century cheese. He even sings. Hey, fella--I hear Martha Wash needs work. B+

wow, what a cunt. The website has the gall to call him the dean of american rock critics. Perhaps for mindless arse schlubs, that need a daddy on the mountain to tell them what his stone tablets announce today, in banter that comes out dribbling like a pointless failure filled head nod to the worst excesses of beat poetry.

I read through a lot of his reviews one night and even his positive reviews seem negative somehow. Entertaining, but not helpful.

I read through a lot of his reviews one night and even his positive reviews seem negative somehow. Entertaining, but not helpful.

Exactly, at least Christgau is entertaining, that stupid sketch was not. You could have done the same thing with a 5 year old kid and it would have been less insignificant.

• 2 weeks later...

But you have to admit, that website is designed really well.

RDJ album is not up for debate. It is a seminal, de facto standard. Just ask Skrillex...*cringe*.

When I first heard it (middle school), I thought "LOL this is so weird, I like it."

Now, everything else is kinda compared against it. This album is in my top 5, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived