IGNORED

Ben Frost - A U R O R A

Ivan Ooze

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg i just had a listen to those previews and i am at maximum exaite right now, this is the unholy tits iv been waiting for.

i gotta resist listening again and it's another 2 month's of waiting, ugghghgh

Unholy tits indeed ! well i guess its going to leak next month...

Guest toosharp

Have his previous records, which i love, and saw him as part of Swans-curated gig last April at Koko in London.

He had two drummers on stage with him and it was one of the most intense, visceral experiences i have ever heard; the bass was thumping through my chest like i've never experienced and there was no respite throughout the whole performance. It was a very different sound, much heavier & more aggressive, than his previous records.

New track on Soundcloud sounds wonderful, as always, very much looking forward to this.

you might just throw your heardphones out the window,

i just listened to "Venter" via a youtube upload on my beast system and i'm pretty sure if i would have neighbours i'd be arrested or knifed right now, that bass/drone would make mala splatter his pants, i had to hide under the table twice

This is it i think. This is the album that will collapse my house and get me killed, gentlemeng it's been a pleasure

• 2 weeks later...

Have his previous records, which i love, and saw him as part of Swans-curated gig last April at Koko in London.

He had two drummers on stage with him and it was one of the most intense, visceral experiences i have ever heard; the bass was thumping through my chest like i've never experienced and there was no respite throughout the whole performance. It was a very different sound, much heavier & more aggressive, than his previous records.

New track on Soundcloud sounds wonderful, as always, very much looking forward to this.

Good to hear; am considering going to the Village Underground gig.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trananhhung

Downloaded this 3 hours ago and can't stop listening. It's the album of his career and one of the best I've heard in years. I don't know if I'll listen to it again often because of how brutal and maximal it sounds. It's almost too much of a good thing. I rarely buy albums after downloading them these days but good old Ben will have me pre order the yellow vinyl plus poster edition.

I was so disappointed with Fennesz's Becs but this just makes everything alright again for people needing a fix of this kind of sound design. Amazing, amazing album.

Downloaded this 3 hours ago and can't stop listening. It's the album of his career and one of the best I've heard in years. I don't know if I'll listen to it again often because of how brutal and maximal it sounds. It's almost too much of a good thing. I rarely buy albums after downloading them these days but good old Ben will have me pre order the yellow vinyl plus poster edition.

I was so disappointed with Fennesz's Becs but this just makes everything alright again for people needing a fix of this kind of sound design. Amazing, amazing album.

Big praise! Excited to hear this!

you got my hopes high! aaarghghg gotta wait 2 more weeks, it's killin me

Guest trananhhung

Ok, I'm at work with the album on repeat. I'll be coming back to this obsessively during the next months. It's a genuine high-concept album with recurring melodic themes, soundscapes and that bass drum kick that devours everything in site. It's the sound of modern civilisation and it's electricity system being engulfed by the giant throat of a tribal ancestor leading to the core of the earth.

The attention to detail of its infinite layers of sound is basically unheard of. Perfect mastering, perfect processing, perfect progression.

I'm overwhelmed.

I will not say an extra word about this album.

Archived