IGNORED

Ben Frost - A U R O R A

Ivan Ooze

Ok, I'm at work with the album on repeat. I'll be coming back to this obsessively during the next months. It's a genuine high-concept album with recurring melodic themes, soundscapes and that bass drum kick that devours everything in site. It's the sound of modern civilisation and it's electricity system being engulfed by the giant throat of a tribal ancestor leading to the core of the earth.

The attention to detail of its infinite layers of sound is basically unheard of. Perfect mastering, perfect processing, perfect progression.

I'm overwhelmed.

I will not say an extra word about this album.

you are killing me man,

when i'm finally gonna listen 2 this album at home it will be like taking a dump i'v been holding up for month's

i hope they don't run out of digital copies

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jesuss Venter is terrifying. Sounds like electro Swans.

Ben Frost actually created the fire noises at the beginning of the track A Piece Of The Sky from The Seer.

I think it's about damn time I check out some frosty Ben Frost.

yellow vinyl just arrived, but I can't listen until I get back home from errands.

this will be played loudly.

Please recount details of the, no doubt, crushing intensity of your first voyage into the A U R O R A!

yellow vinyl just arrived, but I can't listen until I get back home from errands.

Please recount details of the, no doubt, crushing intensity of your first voyage into the A U R O R A!

yeah how many oscilliks would you give it on first listen

yeah how many oscilliks would you give it on first listen

upon first listen, I would give it less oscilliks than By The Throat, to be honest.

Need to give it another listen though...and that will happen now

well he sure set the bar high with by the throat, it was a grower 2 me, i hope this one is asswell

time will tell :cisfor: i am exaited 2 hear this monday

By The Throat is still one of the most raw and brutal records I own. definitely set the bar very high.

when I said not as many oscilliks, I meant like....not that far behind

this album is a fucking beast

By The Throat is still one of the most raw and brutal records I own. definitely set the bar very high.

... and it gets even beastlier live!

... and it gets even beastlier live!

oh you bastard. I totally wanna see Ben Frost live. that would be amazing

This is streaming on P4K Advance, in case you both care and haven't pirated the leak: http://pitchfork.com/advance/447-a-u-r-o-r-a

I have had the vinyl since yesterday...
I don't know if it has shipped from any US retailer yet. Did you order from Bandcamp? The exchange rate made preordering from there a no go for me.

Edit: Looks like the physical release date is June 10th in the US.

This is streaming on P4K Advance, in case you both care and haven't pirated the leak: http://pitchfork.com/advance/447-a-u-r-o-r-a

I have had the vinyl since yesterday...

I don't know if it has shipped from any US retailer yet. Did you order from Bandcamp? The exchange rate made preordering from there a no go for me.

I ordered from Boomkat, I'm in the UK. it doesn't always happen, but it's nice when records come through early like this.

fucking hell yeah just had my first listen!! i'm hiding under the table and the hairs in my neckbeard are risen

2 bad it's so short! one intense savage beast, on my second spin now

fucking hell yeah just had my first listen!! i'm hiding under the table and the hairs in my neckbeard are risen

2 bad it's so short! one intense savage beast, on my second spin now

play it at 33rpm instead!

makes it longer, and sounds fucking awesome

Archived