IGNORED

Bonkers! presents: Red Falcon Projects, Camino Acid, Logic Probe, Bardo:Basho

Guest Retrig

Guest Retrig

Hello chums. Bonkers Seattle presents another effin exploratory dance party! No filler, no boots'n'hats DJ action, no remorse, all for a low remittance, all live. The thrill is on.

Friday, April 4th, 2014

Featuring...

THE RED FALCON PROJECTS
(Dorosoto v. Kontyx - IND/SEA - Dilated Time, I, Absentee)
These two brothers from two corners of the US have been making shimmering yet apocalyptic microtonal acid for years. Not only does their music show a stunning restraint and pinpointed dancefloor aesthetic, but exhibits two artists who know exactly where the new frontier the want to explore is located. After touring with Black Moth Super Rainbow, notching multiple killer releases under their belt, and having been remixed by such luminaries as D'Arcangelo, Scanfrom, and Raiders Of The Lost Arp, RFP are set for a takeover in the near future. At turns beautiful and bewildering, RFP will be bringing down the house in slow-motion.

"Care to be surprised today? Simply Ravishing is the sound of now; of kids no longer afraid of dancing outside of the mosh pit, of a nation in desperate need of uplifting in political turmoil and propaganda, of the sloppy hand-off of responsibilities between the hapless baby boomers and the progeny they over-protected. RFP coddles and pushes away, forcing you to make your own grown up decisions on the dance floor. This album is rhythmic and smooth, but that doesn’t make it docile or unchallenged." - Tiny Mix Tapes

CAMINO ACID
(SciFiSol v. Senor Frio - PDX - Pleasure Boat, Buried In Time)
For years, Camino Acid's dark, disjointed electro dream excursions have been a sacred place for the Bonkers! team. A duo consisting of SciFiSol and Senor Frio, CA presents not only a melding of two producers but the construction of outer realms built off of using each others' strengths.
SciFiSol will be celebrating the release of her dark, rich new EP Solar Eyes on Pleasure Boat Records this evening. This set promises to be a special one for the ages.

LOGIC PROBE
(SEA - Dustortion, Pleasure Boat)
Over the last dozen years Logic Probe have scattered synapses across the West. Creating haunting and multi-hued soundscapes over intricately bizarre and powerful rhythms, the soundstorm of Logic Probe stirs wonder. Their hard-edged, heady yet melodic sound is created via complex web of homemade electronics, circuit-bent keyboards, and laptop programming.
With half a dozen albums, having composed soundtracks for local bands and filmmakers, and having shared the stage with notable acts such as Alex Smoke, Telefon Tel Aviv, Apparat, Lusine, Uberzone, Proem, DOSC and Richard Devine, Logic Probe is season in their unique control over sound

MINIATURE AIRLINES
(SEA - D.Iscontent, Pleasure Boat)
2011 Seattle Laptop Battle champion and master of the surprise pop song, Miniature Airlines is the rare producer that feels fully-formed and able to perfectly realize each step of their music. As Todd Hamm of The Stranger and Seattle Weekly wrote, "MiniAir (Dylan Abbott) takes a familiar bank of electronic sounds, and pins its science-kit of contents to a sharp set of melodies that he could cash in for a quick buck up front, but chooses to let their prettiness reach the listener only when he's ready for the full reveal. Every sound has context in this world, and every conclusion is reached logically."

BARDO:BASHO
(SEA - Elevator, CTPAK)
The intimate, ethereal music of Kirsten Thom surfs a hypnagogic crest in search of comfort in a tumultuous world. Personal, fearless, and charming, these tunes showcase an artist looking to reach out through honesty with an absolute lack of pretense. With a debut full-length slated for later this year and no shortage of surprises to be revealed, we're thrilled to host Bardo:Basho.

YEAH, WE THINK ITS A PRETTY AMAZING NIGHT!

Visuals all-nite by -Pleasure\Vision-

10PM start
$5 before 11PM

As always, at the lovely Re-bar, 1114 Howell St, Seattle.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Retrig, I'm up in Canada and can't make it to the show unfortunately.... can you link me to some of "logic probe"s releases or his website or whatever? I would like to check him out further but cannot find much via a quick google search... trying to show my support this way as I can't make it to the show =(

Guest Retrig

Hey Stephen! I love their stuff too :) I will ask them where their older stuff might be had, but Full Glitz is available on Seattle Pleasureboat Records here at http://pbrecs.com .

I just discovered this site of theirs with links to some of their other stuff (I'm stoked, I haven't heard this other stuff):
http://dustortion.com/music

Cheers!

Archived