IGNORED

Kate Bush on tour

tec

Guest bitroast

fucking incredile !

i've actually been wondering recently if she'll ever do a tour and pretty sure i've googled it in the past couple days to see if she had randomly announced a tour or not. it must have been in the air!! (also only discovered yesterday that slowdive had reformed and are doing shows later this year, first time in 20ish (is it 20?) years!! and thinking about slowdive reforming to do shows popped the idea of kate bush doing a tour in my head again as per usual recently!!)

Anyone else on her mailing list? There is a fan presale 48 hours before general release which could make this whole ticket ordeal far easier.

Anyone else on her mailing list? There is a fan presale 48 hours before general release which could make this whole ticket ordeal far easier.

Not yet but I am going to sign up now!

£100 seating back half, it was £150 for the front but it's not a huge venue so you'll have a good view anywhere. With hindsight I should have tried to get towards the front on the balcony. think they were £75 but fuck it, it's Kate Bush!

That's cool, the website was surprisingly stable and easy to use yesterday so hopefully tomorrow won't be too great a nightmare for people. I thought more folk here would be going mental for this one, where's Skytree when you need him?

I'm a bit peeved that I didn't get an email for the early allocation. I'm hoping I will be able to get up on time to make sure I can get a ticket tomorrow.

Jeez £150 for a good seat? I know its bate kush but fuck.

the system was pretty shit, there were several price ranges and so it meant you were just plugging in anything to try and grab some tickets. couldn't get anything for 20 mins and then 2 £150 ones finally went through and I was like "fuck it". after a few months I'll have forgotten all about it. They're for the missus really who is a mega fan of KB.

The cost is steep but I'm thankful she didn't do this at the 02 and milk it for all it's worth, that would not have been fun.

Yeah, I've cleaned myself out money wise for this. I managed to get £75 pound seated ticket so at least I don't have to stand. To be honest though I don't really care about the price, this is one of the things I have been hoping would happen for a long time and now I get to see her play. It'll be worth the money.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

Yeah, I've cleaned myself out money wise for this. I managed to get £75 pound seated ticket so at least I don't have to stand. To be honest though I don't really care about the price, this is one of the things I have been hoping would happen for a long time and now I get to see her play. It'll be worth the money.

holy shit that's awesome.

i don't know who you are but i am so jealous of you for this.

Jeez £150 for a good seat? I know its bate kush but fuck.

the system was pretty shit, there were several price ranges and so it meant you were just plugging in anything to try and grab some tickets. couldn't get anything for 20 mins and then 2 £150 ones finally went through and I was like "fuck it". after a few months I'll have forgotten all about it. They're for the missus really who is a mega fan of KB.

Aye, had 4 tickets bagged and then the system just sat there doing fuck all. Had to refresh after 7 mins of that pish and then it was just clusterfuck central…after 30-odd mins of trying every date/ticket option I finally got one for £100.

It'll be soooo fucking worth it.

I'm seeing Slowdive in a few weeks…then Holden, ESG & the Under The Skin (live Mica Levi soundtrack) at Meltdown too. Gud liev tiemz!

tumblr_lz4w6phKAq1r2kz0j.jpg

• 3 months later...

One week to go and counting, this and the new Aphex Twin announcement are blowing my mind. They have closed Hammersmith Apollo for the 3 weeks leading up to it so I can kinda understand why the tickets were so expensive.

Archived