IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Love Is A Bulldozer

lawrenke

I don't do leaks, things can wait i'm fine with that. In this case though i also don't do aaron singing, so i won't be buying it anyway, first i haven't bought of his in a very long time (i'm not counting that one where him and his beau were singing high school poetry, no way in hell i was buying that, heh. And i didn't get the frusciante collab, like my v.snares uncut.).

There were some really great moments on that. It's not very Vsnares, but it's still pretty cool. I can see why it lacks appeal though.

huh? speed dealer moms is basically 100% snares, a la HCCBU, or Winter In The Belly Of A Snake... I've only ever heard Snares do that and it sounds nothing like frusciante.

Am I missing something?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't do leaks, things can wait i'm fine with that. In this case though i also don't do aaron singing, so i won't be buying it anyway, first i haven't bought of his in a very long time (i'm not counting that one where him and his beau were singing high school poetry, no way in hell i was buying that, heh. And i didn't get the frusciante collab, like my v.snares uncut.).

There were some really great moments on that. It's not very Vsnares, but it's still pretty cool. I can see why it lacks appeal though.

huh? speed dealer moms is basically 100% snares, a la HCCBU, or Winter In The Belly Of A Snake... I've only ever heard Snares do that and it sounds nothing like frusciante.

Am I missing something?

I don't know, I only hear that in the sound palette. It's still pretty great though.

Am I missing something?

they're supposed to have worked on it together. Frusciante is credited on the release.

whether they actually did or whether A-ron did all the work while Frusciante laid round and got ha' is another thing.

for some strange reason, i find myself totally uninterested in this. to the point where i'm fascinated by anyone interested in it

There's some good tracks on here. What is uninteresting about it?

there's something i find heavily orchestrated about venetian snares. mainly because of some interviews i read where i found myself myself rolling my eyes and not connecting with anything he was saying

i hope he doesn't read this though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

Nowhere else to put this really but I lol'd hard when "Sajtban" showed up in Episode 12 of Season 2 House of Cards. An FBI agent yelled "how do you turn off this shit?!" Predictably, the scene involved a hacker pursuant to the precedent set by "Windowlicker" in Grandma's Boy and the entire film of Hackers. It's good to know that the soundtrack of autism has equally autistic roles in film and television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOqrJong0Pk

@ 2:40

After two listenings, this might be Aaron's modus operandi indeed! (replacing the Choco wheelchair album). I'd gladly wait years between albums instead of months if the quality is up to that point. Can't wait now to receive my order with the 2nd CD :)

U mean magnum opus? ;)

Anyway-- guess I'll have to get this, always been a fan of Aaron and I'm a crazy mu fanboi

Also fuck them putting dumb laughs over omihjia switch

Guest Miblo

A CD-R of two halves. 'Particle of Dust' is plenty acoustic with Aaron singing; 'Lions Manor' is 100% electronic, padded with 33 and 90 seconds of silence and coming out at ~320kbps flac. I didn't see the comic…

A CD-R of two halves. 'Particle of Dust' is plenty acoustic with Aaron singing; 'Lions Manor' is 100% electronic, padded with 33 and 90 seconds of silence and coming out at ~320kbps flac. I didn't see the comic…

just speculating, I had no idea this info was released anywhere

Guest Miblo

No, all true, dude. My vinyls arrived today with the CD-R and some stickers separately in the mailer. Surely I'm not the first guy to hear this stuff! Nobody else has said a word.

Also, 'Particle of Dust' is in 4/4. Too weird. But not at all dusty. It has a really gloopy texture once the drums, bass and violin kick in. There are no snare rushes on either track. And I think the silences padding 'Lions Manor' are digital silence because ncmpcpp shows 1kbps during them – in contrast to the silence at the start of Talk Talk's 'Myrrhman' which hovers around 436kbps – so Aaron probably put them in to make the track average 320kbps (when encoded with flac's default settings).

No, all true, dude. My vinyls arrived today with the CD-R and some stickers separately in the mailer. Surely I'm not the first guy to hear this stuff! Nobody else has said a word.

Also, 'Particle of Dust' is in 4/4. Too weird. But not at all dusty. It has a really gloopy texture once the drums, bass and violin kick in. There are no snare rushes on either track. And I think the silences padding 'Lions Manor' are digital silence because ncmpcpp shows 1kbps during them – in contrast to the silence at the start of Talk Talk's 'Myrrhman' which hovers around 436kbps – so Aaron probably put them in to make the track average 320kbps (when encoded with flac's default settings).

oh I live in the states, I pre-ordered my copy but it probably won't arrive for awhile :\ Glad to hear these are new tracks we haven't heard him play in youtube clips out in the wild. Did the disc come in a sleeve or jacket w/ artwork? just curious

Guest Miblo

oh I live in the states, I pre-ordered my copy but it probably won't arrive for awhile :\ Glad to hear these are new tracks we haven't heard him play in youtube clips out in the wild. Did the disc come in a sleeve or jacket w/ artwork? just curious

It came in one of these:

post-7998-0-96526800-1402706332_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing they're new tracks. If my sterile descriptions don't sound like anything you've heard, they probably are.

P.S. I was going to give the vinyl a spin until I got embroiled in this Indie Game: The Movie screening with commentary from Team Meat.

I got Particle of Dust too =] if only we lived in the same country and could get together and play our CDs at the same time on different CD players

I pretty much lost interest in VS after Filth and never liked anything since. But this, fuck me what a great album. I saw him play here in Norwich a few weeks ago and it rekindled my interest. Bulldozer sounds like his most complete album to date (even better than Rossz) and I have to say, I quite like his vocals on this. The little teases of his old gabba style on Amazon gave me a bit of a boner as well. The amen holocaust of 1000 Years felt spine-tingling when I first heard it today.

I ordered the CD and got the Particle Of Dust CDr - is it just a random choice or determined by format? I read today that all of the CDrs have sold out, btw.

Got mine today, My bonus disc has Cruel to a heart thats True & Lions Manor... Not had chance to listen yet but strange that the bonus discs seem to have different tracks on!?

Archived