IGNORED

Trancework Mixed by Paradinas

Soloman Tump

Looking at the tracklisting, I questioned initially whether or not this was legit.

But it looks like it is.

Scarily, I actually own ALL of the originals of these on 12" from my trancepants days. Good nostalgic times, and an interesting blend of sounds here.

https://soundcloud.com/thump/mixed-by-mike-paradinas

Olive - You're Not Alone (EQ Why Remix)
Paul Van Dyk - For an Angel (Gash & Simtek)
Chicane - Saltwater (Leatherface Remix)
CRW - I Feel Love (Nikes & Mike G Remix)
Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade (Slick Shoota Remix)
ATB - 9pm ('Til I Come) (DJ Paypal Remix)
Fragma - Toca’s Miracle (Ticklish Reboot)
DJ Jean - The Launch (My Life Extra LDN '94 Remix)
Binary Finary - 1998 (Taz Remix)
Storm - Storm (Sarantis Remix)
System F - Out of The Blue (Junglord Remix)
Energy 52 - Cafe del Mar (Deville Remix)
Mauro Picoto - Iguana (Wheez-ie Remix)
Albion - Air (Footmerc Remix)
Age of Love - Age of Love (Chrissy Murderbot Remix)
Alice Deejay - Better off Alone ( Shauny B VIP)
Robert Miles - Children (Sines remix)

*edit*

Just having flashbacks of being off my tits in Ibiza, dancing on a table at Bar M to CRW "I feel Love" (front al mar remix). Good times. Probably.

Haha, this is pretty damn banging.

Well, the stuff that isn't terrible anyway.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So glad this was bumped. I still listen to this a few times a year, and it always puts a smile on my face.  I get that it won't appeal to a lot of Mike P fans, and unlike the OP I didn't own any of these records. But I did hear enough of these tracks back in the day that half or so were immediately recognizable in this mix. At this point I've probably listened to the Trancework versions more than the originals.

I love that it's simultaneously a nostalgia trip while also actually (kinda) being a bunch of bangin' tunes. I also checked out the album version from We Buy Gold when it came out, but didn't have the patience for it. The Mike P mix is the perfect 41-minute distillation of this madness. Props to the folks that got him to do it - I have no idea where the genesis for this came from, but I'm glad they did it.

So to answer the question: no, I have no idea where to find anything else like this. Other than the original album  (https://wbgldn.bandcamp.com/album/trancework-20), I don't think anyone else has been crazy enough to do anything like this.

2 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

I totally missed this at the time...the SoundCloud page is down, any idea where I can hear this mix?

Same here... Fuck I really want to hear this! Those original tunes where my intro to electronic music!

Archived