IGNORED

Live Show Visuals

Audioblysk

These are amazing. I recognise some of those clips too, using them myself! How many projectors are running there? Great setup and sound though, you look like some sort of minister, from the future.

Just the one projector. Native resolution is 1024x768 but forced 1280x1024 and it looked much better. It was an old Phillips projector intended for power point slides and the like but after some tweaking it looked brilliant. It did feel quite prophetic to be playing up on the alter. I'd say I'll never top that gig, probably due to the fact that I'll never get asked to play anything like it again!

So I did my first set with visuals last night. Definitely doing that again. Makes a big diff for the audience to have something nice/interesting to look at, sort of took the pressure off a bit too.

There's always VVVV. It has a learning curve along the lines of Max/MSP and PD (but is pretty different from them even though it looks similar), but if you want to do live video that interacts with your music and performance in real time it's a really good option. I just didn't have the time for it, myself.

Most of the demo videos on Youtube are lame 3d visualizations and particle effects, though.

I made these using VVVV I feel if you where better at computers than I you could do something really good with it:

Archived