IGNORED

Analog Bubblebath 5, Caustic Window LP, and Melodies from Mars for sale on Discogs

coconuthead

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the 'mr men' and cat number for MFM makes me think this is legit but then again i would probably come up with the same thing if i wanted to make it look legit. however why even make such a prank?

'I'll demonstrate it’s authenticity' - just someone ask him to

not me though. someone else.

is it Mike Paradinas selling these?

Edward Bailey sounds like an alias

That's what I thought too. That said, why would mike P have the 1/1 of a test pressing of MFM, and why would rephlex confirm/endorse his selling of it? I can't imagine rephlex would allow him to sell the unreleased caustic window LP either?

It sounds more like maybe Richard or Grant is selling these. More activity in camp AFX.

Guest Retrig

Richard: "Hey Grant, since we're going to press up CAT023 this year, I'm going to put my copy up on Discogs for $13,500. :trollface:
Grant: "Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"

Richard: "Hey Grant, since we're going to press up CAT023 this year, I'm going to put my copy up on Discogs for $13,500. :trollface:

Grant: "Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"

maybe more like "let's sell it so we can have enough money to press it officially" ..?

maybe more like "let's sell it so we can have enough money to press it officially" ..?

That would be great! It just seems weird the seller is touting an official declaration of authenticity for the MFM test pressing. Makes me think it's either Richard or Grant.

Well, if it is someone from within rephlex then they would probably know if Aphex was goign to release anything soon. If they knew this they would wait until it was released to take advantage of the hype. So, basically this confirms no new Aphex release.

good thing the caustic window stuff is prob on average among the lowest quality of his releases (and the fact that this never got released means its probably even lower in quality). if this were a 2nd polygon window style LP it'd really suck knowing that whoever pays that much for it is almost surely never going to rip and distribute it online.

that said some of the caustic windows tracks are pretty good,,, like, one or two of them

not worth 13.5Gs

i fucking love the caustic window stuff!

but yeah, i've never had access to that amount of money ever in my life, let alone now, zole

i like the caustic window stuff... sometimes. every great once in a while i'll put that comp on. but what i'm saying is that if you compare it to the rest of his catalogue, it's probably the stuff with the least effort, the least good mixing, and the least points of interest. the analogue bubblebath stuff is prob better, even

Yea saw these up for sale and immediately came here :tongue: Hard to say what the deal with these are, originally thought Mike P. as well but with the whole Rephlex 'confirmation' it does seem off as StephenG pointed out too. Would also like to see if anyone can get this confirmation from him, I may inquire on discogs on the authenticity of these, I did once bid over $1,000 for a copy of AB5 in eBay but am in no position to be doing that now, let alone even dreaming of the Caustic Window LP, if it's even legit...

edit: just re-read the discogs description: 'Rephlex will never press it.' about the Caustic Window LP, seems like this could easily be GWC

yeah thatd be interesting to have on it's own, just because it might be a bit better quality than the cassette. i never heard or saw that it was pressed to vinyl tho. seems kinda weird since it seems like a demo

also i remember seeing that there were supposedly two versions of MFM, with different track listings, but i only ever saw the one

ANAGRAMS :

Lawry DIBEADE
Wildee BARADY
Adlay WEBREDI
Welbie DAYARD
Bailey DEDRAW
Bride WADELAY
Laddy WIEERAB
Abdel WADIERY
Daley WERDIAB
Raddy EBLIEWA
Bradly WAIEED