Wow. Nice one. Despite having no cheezy snares, this totally *feels* new wave, in the best way possible. Dude, if you could collab with Clare Grogan for a track, that'd be great.

I really like this!!!

Kudoz.

post-opn

prolly the first thing i've heard with clear r+7 influence that doesn't sound like an active attempt to ape r+7's weirdness. Very much the same sort of "I'm walking around a simple 3d environment in 1995" imagery, but with an entirely different vibe. Where it tended towards orchestral bigness, your track here has a smaller, poppier thing going on. Not so much a 1995cubelife soundtrack as what you might here playing on top40 in 1995cubeworld

post-opn

prolly the first thing i've heard with clear r+7 influence that doesn't sound like an active attempt to ape r+7's weirdness. Very much the same sort of "I'm walking around a simple 3d environment in 1995" imagery, but with an entirely different vibe. Where it tended towards orchestral bigness, your track here has a smaller, poppier thing going on. Not so much a 1995cubelife soundtrack as what you might here playing on top40 in 1995cubeworld

what's funny is I have a lot of tracks and composition from years before I'd heard OPN or R+7 that used those sounds, because I mostly was composing on a keyboard with lots of those nice bright synth presets. So the aim is different, definitely. No irony or cultural subterfuge involved here.

• 7 years later...