Aphex Twin

Would You Pay For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP

CAT023 Caustic Window LP Unreleased Crowdfunding

• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

Poll: Crowdfunding Aphex Twin (286 member(s) have cast votes)

Would You Be Willing To Pay Up To 25.00USD For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP?

1. Yes (216 votes [75.52%])

Percentage of vote: 75.52%

2. No (22 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. Yes, but not 25.00 (48 votes [16.78%])

Percentage of vote: 16.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#226 oscillik

oscillik

they were downwind

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9262 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 19-October 06

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

it's already been established that Steinvord is Flahbelb

#227 MIXL2

MIXL2

Owl of Minerva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • 33 topics
  • Joined 08-August 12
  • Interests:muziq & maths

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Man, 10 pages already.

This is pretty insane, guys.

#228 Lane Visitor

Lane Visitor

1000 Club

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • 42 topics
  • Joined 08-May 12
  • Interests:Johnny Walker Black and Clip Art

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

If you guys haven't searched yet, this Caustic Window LP thing is now published as of today on Mix Mag, Crack & Resident Advisor!

http://www.residenta...m.aspx?id=76680

http://crackmagazine...cogs-for-13500/

http://www.mixmag.ne...scogs-for-13500

...oops and also Stereogum, FACT and Consequence of Sound

Edited by Lane Visitor, 08 April 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#229 andihow

andihow

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • 16 topics
  • Joined 30-January 13
  • Steam:andihow

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

kinda scary that its getting so much press - what if someone just buys it up and keeps it for themselves?

#230 delet...

delet...

y n m blar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15445 posts
  • 304 topics
  • Joined 01-August 99
  • Interests:ignoring collateral damage

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

I like how the first two you linked (not signed in, unable to the read third) referenced the fact magazine article but not watmm. Someone should moan at the lot of them for being lazy unattributers, spam their comment threads. It would be great for watmm, or the other forums out there, if every story they nicked from trawling a forum actually referenced their source, i thought that was journalism 101.

#231 Jimmy McMessageboard

Jimmy McMessageboard

All by myself

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8154 posts
  • 287 topics
  • Joined 20-November 05

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Guys. Obsiously the person selling the record is Aphex's ex wife.

#232 delet...

delet...

y n m blar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15445 posts
  • 304 topics
  • Joined 01-August 99
  • Interests:ignoring collateral damage

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

This has been mentioned in the other thread. no jazz offence meant.

#233 Joyrex

Joyrex

...i care because you don't

• Site Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16890 posts
  • 1464 topics
  • Joined 03-June 99
  • PSN:Joyrex

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Sorry for the delay, folks - lots of things to hash out, etc. Anyway:

I spoke with Grant regarding this, and he and Richard have agreed to allow one-time duplication rights of the tracks off CAT023, and have negotiated with the seller for a reduced price of 5000 GBP (8368.54 USD as of 8/4), so that reduces the minimum amount to be paid to 10 GBP (16.73 USD). The seller has agreed to remove the listing from Discogs Marketplace for the time being (once the Kickstarter goes live), and apparently all agree that it's a good chance to give the hardcore fans a unique chance to own something that will never see the light of day otherwise.

Once the 5000.00 GBP funding amount is met, the record will be turned over to me, and in turn I will contract with someone to produce a high-quality rip (lossless) of the vinyl - in turn, all the people that contribute to the Kickstarter will get a digital version of the tracks, which will be provided by WATMM. The license Rephlex is providing for this is ONLY for the 500 people who contribute to the Kickstarter, nothing more.

Before the digital tracks are released, the record will be put up for auction on Ebay, and once sold, 1/3 of the proceeds will go to Richard/Rephlex as royalty payment, 1/3 will be divided equally between the Kickstarter contributors (a discount if you will off the initial purchase amount), and 1/3 to a charity that we will all vote and agree upon (suggestions are welcome - e.g.: Greenpeace, World Wildlife Fund...). Once the auction is complete and payment received, everyone will get to download their promised digital version.

I'm going to try and get the Kickstarter set up ASAP and will post a separate thread with information once that's done. Never did a Kickstarter before so bear with me!

#234 gmanyo

gmanyo

GUNS/STACKS/MONSTERENERGY

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts
  • 62 topics
  • Joined 29-January 12

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

charitywater.org

Edited by gmanyo, 08 April 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#235 Deer

Deer

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5341 posts
  • 57 topics
  • Joined 13-November 11

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

i love it, just one question, the downloads will only be available AFTER the record is sold on ebay? what if it takes years to sell?

#236 MIXL2

MIXL2

Owl of Minerva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • 33 topics
  • Joined 08-August 12
  • Interests:muziq & maths

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

I spoke with Grant regarding this, and he and Richard have agreed to allow one-time duplication rights of the tracks off CAT023, and have negotiated with the seller for a reduced price of 5000 GBP (8368.54 USD as of 8/4), so that reduces the minimum amount to be paid to 10 GBP (16.73 USD). The seller has agreed to remove the listing from Discogs Marketplace for the time being (once the Kickstarter goes live), and apparently all agree that it's a good chance to give the hardcore fans a unique chance to own something that will never see the light of day otherwise.

Once the 5000.00 GBP funding amount is met, the record will be turned over to me, and in turn I will contract with someone to produce a high-quality rip (lossless) of the vinyl - in turn, all the people that contribute to the Kickstarter will get a digital version of the tracks, which will be provided by WATMM. The license Rephlex is providing for this is ONLY for the 500 people who contribute to the Kickstarter, nothing more.

Before the digital tracks are released, the record will be put up for auction on Ebay, and once sold, 1/3 of the proceeds will go to Richard/Rephlex as royalty payment, 1/3 will be divided equally between the Kickstarter contributors (a discount if you will off the initial purchase amount), and 1/3 to a charity that we will all vote and agree upon (suggestions are welcome - e.g.: Greenpeace, World Wildlife Fund...). Once the auction is complete and payment received, everyone will get to download their promised digital version.

I'm going to try and get the Kickstarter set up ASAP and will post a separate thread with information once that's done. Never did a Kickstarter before so bear with me!

IM IN!!!!

FUUUUQ!!!!

AAAAAAAA

IS THIS EVEN REAL.

#237 Ascdi

Ascdi

Ascdi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • 40 topics
  • Joined 23-May 06

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

tracks 

Proper! Nice job JR.

I am not an experienced Kickstarter either, but be careful not to fall afoul of their rules. From what I understand there are surprisingly a lot of them.

#238 BCM

BCM

Monitor Lizard

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14884 posts
  • 250 topics
  • Joined 05-February 06

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

bill.gif

#239 NorthernFusion

NorthernFusion

Chicago chill dog, Alaskan pipeline

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
  • 16 topics
  • Joined 06-April 13
  • Interests:Mathematics, Autechre and Cafe Sicilia
  • PSN:NorthernFusion

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

bill.gif

Fuck yes.  Well worth it!

#240 Herr Jan

Herr Jan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • 53 topics
  • Joined 08-December 06

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

HOLY SHIT.

Never dreamed this would happen.

This is really, really cool of Richard and Grant. Thanks JR & Rephlex. Wow.

#241 NorthernFusion

NorthernFusion

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
  • 16 topics
  • Joined 06-April 13

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

I've just actually read the whole thing, kudos to getting some of my investment back, I would've settled for the tracks!

#242 oscillik

oscillik

they were downwind

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9262 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 19-October 06

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

gotta say - I never expected this. at all.

glad to be wrong, here.

#243 calx

calx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • 26 topics
  • Joined 05-February 11

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hhhhhaaaaappppppyyyyyyyddddaaayyyyyyssssss :) :) :) :)

Thanks JR :) I especially like the charity donation part, nice touch.

#244 Claudius t Ansuulim

Claudius t Ansuulim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Joined 30-August 11
  • Interests:Vibraphones, zebras, anarchoacoustic psychisms, ice nine, oxygen, trace elements

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

This is wonderful news!!!

#245 Deer

Deer

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5341 posts
  • 57 topics
  • Joined 13-November 11

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

glad to be wrong, here.

same here, i was very cynical and bitchy but this is great stuff, cant wait.

#246 NorthernFusion

NorthernFusion

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
  • 16 topics
  • Joined 06-April 13

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

glad to be wrong, here.

:cisfor:

#247 Little Lord Faulteroy

Little Lord Faulteroy

Ramum.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • 16 topics
  • Joined 31-October 12

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

I'M IN!!!

#248 oscillik

oscillik

they were downwind

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9262 posts
  • 102 topics
  • Joined 19-October 06

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

glad to be wrong, here.

:cisfor:

HpvWY.jpg

#249 afxual healing

afxual healing

Vote Aphex 2014!

• Members Plus
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Joined 05-April 14
  • Interests:Afx, Aphex Twin, Tuss, GAK, Universal Indicator, Polygon Window, Caustic Window, etc.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

This is flipping awesome. Any word on the AB5 and M.O.M albums ? Hope I see the kickstarter in time to be one of the first 500.
This is flipping awesome. Any word on the AB5 and M.O.M albums ? Hope I see the kickstarter in time to be one of the first 500.

#250 gmanyo

gmanyo

GUNS/STACKS/MONSTERENERGY

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts
  • 62 topics
  • Joined 29-January 12

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

So if you're not in the first 500 you don't get it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aphex Twin, CAT023, Caustic Window LP, Unreleased, Crowdfunding