IGNORED

Would You Pay For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP

Joyrex

Crowdfunding Aphex Twin  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Willing To Pay Up To 25.00USD For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not 25.00

I like how the first two you linked (not signed in, unable to the read third) referenced the fact magazine article but not watmm. Someone should moan at the lot of them for being lazy unattributers, spam their comment threads. It would be great for watmm, or the other forums out there, if every story they nicked from trawling a forum actually referenced their source, i thought that was journalism 101.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the delay, folks - lots of things to hash out, etc. Anyway:

I spoke with Grant regarding this, and he and Richard have agreed to allow one-time duplication rights of the tracks off CAT023, and have negotiated with the seller for a reduced price of 5000 GBP (8368.54 USD as of 8/4), so that reduces the minimum amount to be paid to 10 GBP (16.73 USD). The seller has agreed to remove the listing from Discogs Marketplace for the time being (once the Kickstarter goes live), and apparently all agree that it's a good chance to give the hardcore fans a unique chance to own something that will never see the light of day otherwise.

Once the 5000.00 GBP funding amount is met, the record will be turned over to me, and in turn I will contract with someone to produce a high-quality rip (lossless) of the vinyl - in turn, all the people that contribute to the Kickstarter will get a digital version of the tracks, which will be provided by WATMM. The license Rephlex is providing for this is ONLY for the 500 people who contribute to the Kickstarter, nothing more.

Before the digital tracks are released, the record will be put up for auction on Ebay, and once sold, 1/3 of the proceeds will go to Richard/Rephlex as royalty payment, 1/3 will be divided equally between the Kickstarter contributors (a discount if you will off the initial purchase amount), and 1/3 to a charity that we will all vote and agree upon (suggestions are welcome - e.g.: Greenpeace, World Wildlife Fund...). Once the auction is complete and payment received, everyone will get to download their promised digital version.

I'm going to try and get the Kickstarter set up ASAP and will post a separate thread with information once that's done. Never did a Kickstarter before so bear with me!

I spoke with Grant regarding this, and he and Richard have agreed to allow one-time duplication rights of the tracks off CAT023, and have negotiated with the seller for a reduced price of 5000 GBP (8368.54 USD as of 8/4), so that reduces the minimum amount to be paid to 10 GBP (16.73 USD). The seller has agreed to remove the listing from Discogs Marketplace for the time being (once the Kickstarter goes live), and apparently all agree that it's a good chance to give the hardcore fans a unique chance to own something that will never see the light of day otherwise.

Once the 5000.00 GBP funding amount is met, the record will be turned over to me, and in turn I will contract with someone to produce a high-quality rip (lossless) of the vinyl - in turn, all the people that contribute to the Kickstarter will get a digital version of the tracks, which will be provided by WATMM. The license Rephlex is providing for this is ONLY for the 500 people who contribute to the Kickstarter, nothing more.

Before the digital tracks are released, the record will be put up for auction on Ebay, and once sold, 1/3 of the proceeds will go to Richard/Rephlex as royalty payment, 1/3 will be divided equally between the Kickstarter contributors (a discount if you will off the initial purchase amount), and 1/3 to a charity that we will all vote and agree upon (suggestions are welcome - e.g.: Greenpeace, World Wildlife Fund...). Once the auction is complete and payment received, everyone will get to download their promised digital version.

I'm going to try and get the Kickstarter set up ASAP and will post a separate thread with information once that's done. Never did a Kickstarter before so bear with me!

IM IN!!!!

FUUUUQ!!!!

AAAAAAAA

IS THIS EVEN REAL.

tracks

Proper! Nice job JR.

I am not an experienced Kickstarter either, but be careful not to fall afoul of their rules. From what I understand there are surprisingly a lot of them.

bill.gif

bill.gif

Fuck yes. Well worth it!

Hhhhhaaaaappppppyyyyyyyddddaaayyyyyyssssss :) :) :) :)

Thanks JR :) I especially like the charity donation part, nice touch.

gotta say - I never expected this. at all.

glad to be wrong, here.

same here, i was very cynical and bitchy but this is great stuff, cant wait.

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

I'M IN!!!

This is flipping awesome. Any word on the AB5 and M.O.M albums ? Hope I see the kickstarter in time to be one of the first 500.

This is flipping awesome. Any word on the AB5 and M.O.M albums ? Hope I see the kickstarter in time to be one of the first 500.

Joyrex - can you get permission for yer Boc tapes next ;)

But aye, a great outcome that me also on the cynical tug boat didn't expect. Superb work man!

Archived