IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Shut up and get back in hibernation, gimp.

oh' wud u like to hibernate with me schitz? don't be scared; i promise to keep my little hands to my selves. i will be good, but u r so cute schitz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh' wud u like to hibernate with me schitz? don't be scared; i promise to keep my little hands to my selves. i will be good, but u r so cute schitz

lol

I am fucking ecstatic to hear this news! I know I don't post here much lately, but I'm compelled to say something about how much it means to me to have this opportunity, as well as to support the artist I love in this way.

This particular record has always haunted me...

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Caustic_Window_Album

SIDE 1 in black marker pen: "CAUSTIC WINDOW LP 33 1/3 SIDE A REPHLEX" in the run out groove: "CAT 023-A1 A PORKY PRIME CUT": There are two tracks on side A,

the first is a subtle melodic grower, with hi q's; pianoish DX sounds & woodwind type synths. Nice but not very immediate.

Track 2 is *much* more like it: Industrial type drums straight out of J5 and the catchiest afx acid line (not 303). Builds and builds with pad sounds & percessive held chords in a spooky fashion.

SIDE 2 Same hand written info except it says: "SIDE B" in black marker pen and in the run out groove it's the same but says side "L" 5 Tracks on B:

Track 1) called "muttley" by Richard.It features samples from "dastardly & Muttley" (Wacky Races Cartoon) starting off with Dastardly shouting "Muttley!" then Muttley the dog going "RashingFrashingWrarraFrarraWrash". Other samples: A girl speaking: "You know I don't even know why you bother talking" and the track ends with "what an utterly fantastical journey" (unknown sample) As regards to the music, it starts with a monophonic synth line doing a percussive riff up 4 notes, joined by another sound a few bars later. Then the drums kick in. Bass and snare from Phloam, sort of metallic guiro and clangs from Schottkey. Halfway through an orchestral string chords sample comes in, and the girl speaking sample appears. It's a great track, very SAW85-92 in period.

Track 2) Happy, jolly little track with high pitched bell-like hihats acid sounds and long square wave bass note. Random dat glitches spice up the percussion. The melody comes from the interplay of tuned bass drum & tuned metal hihats.

Track 3) Wow! This is a treat for fans of SOSW. Starts with Roland R8 hihats, then a marimba melody & the BD Kikkz in with an acidicish line. marimba fades in again. Then a BB1 DX pad in 5ths (lots of reverb) makes it fuckin lush. Drum break then the track restarts with stabs from Audax powder, then acid & marimba. Track ends wth drums.

Track 4) My favourite: Noisey drum loops (Tuned white noise?) acid pokes. Bass drum from Hedphelym or the B-sides to ABB2. Also odd bell like High melodies & metallic sampled melodies! very odd track.

Track 5) Tribal bongos, Quoth Bd kik & "a,aphex-a,aphex"samples. About 1 min. long.

SIDE 3 Handwritten on label: "CW LP side C" and in the run out groove it says; "THIRD REICH VETERANS WILL NOT JOIN VICTORY WAR PARADE. CAT 023 -01" 4 tracks

Track 1) Very simple synth melody & 4/4 kik drum / snare joined later by emotional sounding soft detuned string notes. Hihats and hi Q's join later and lo-bandwidth metallic samples.

Track 2) A very early track. One of the 1st he did. Childish squeaky acid line. Crap piano riff. Redeemed by lush strings & reverb on certain drum sounds, which might have indicated Here was a future talent.

Track 3) Square wave bassline, melodic held acid line, R8 drums. Simple lovely very Aphex.

Track 4) Jazz fusion aphex! Drum sounds similar to Gak. Sounds like Gak in fact except for a low farting bass and muted jazzy piano riff & overlaid solos.

SIDE 4 "CAUSTIC WINDOW LP . side D" handwritten in black on label in runout groove: "CAT 023 - G1 A PORKY PRIME CUT " 5 tracks

Track 1) An ambient track. This was a reject from SAW85-92 and is unspeakably lovely. A monophonic synth weaves around soft flutes to devastating effect. The synth filter opens & closes to emphasise the riff at certain times, & the flute goes freestyle towards the end. Metallic percussion invades the song at times complementing the groovy momentum gathered by the main riff.

Track 2) This is Phlaps off the criminal justice bill comp.

Track 3) This is Cunt off TEX 3

Track 4) This is a phone call between Mixmaster Morris & Scanner. Richard got 2 phones, rang them both (one to Morris, one to Scanner) and luckily they both answered simultaneously. What follows is very funny. Both Morris & Robin think each other has initiated the call and confusion reigns. This increases as a third voice enters the fray (RDJ). Eventually they recognise him as Richard: "If you put the phone down your gonna die.. "

Track 5) Same trick between Chris Jeffs (Cylob) & Michael Paradinas. This time Cylob figures it out straight away but the funniest bit is where he says "I think Richard wants us to talk to each other", to which Michael replies "Oh great..." track (& album) ends.

Theres nothing left in society for you anymore. Leave and never come back.

Guest bitroast

somebody suggested making an album inspired on Mike p's description of the tracks

not a bad idea actually, a watmm tribute to caustic window or something, to bear the loooong wait

it would be pretty hilarious to compare this to the real thing

wow did this idea ever pick up?? this is a sick idea!! i want in.

Guest tudikas

i would pay another $16 for the rave colonel track(s?).

and another for the metz stuff.

can we just go ahead and kickstart allodat?

PLEASE, WE ARE DYING OF THIRST IN THIS APHEX DESERT.

somebody suggested making an album inspired on Mike p's description of the tracks

not a bad idea actually, a watmm tribute to caustic window or something, to bear the loooong wait

it would be pretty hilarious to compare this to the real thing

wow did this idea ever pick up?? this is a sick idea!! i want in.

I might start it if I wasn't so busy and if I were actually going to get the real album. Someone should though, it would be fucking great.

i would pay another $16 for the rave colonel track(s?).

and another for the metz stuff.

can we just go ahead and kickstart allodat?

PLEASE, WE ARE DYING OF THIRST IN THIS APHEX DESERT.

i stopped after i discovered the excess is not going to the charity. does anyone know who this person is that has the record?

and why bother shipping it to rephlex when in fact theres 3 more out there, they probably already have the audio ready and waiting!!!

so even from the ebay auction, reflex and richard get another share? i mean, this excess of $50k from kickstarter is not enough for them???

lunatics funding this excessive greed. the charity will get about $500-$1000 at this rate.

i'll wait for a torrent thanks : ) or just live without

i stopped after i discovered the excess is not going to the charity. does anyone know who this person is that has the record?

and why bother shipping it to rephlex when in fact theres 3 more out there, they probably already have the audio ready and waiting!!!

so even from the ebay auction, reflex and richard get another share? i mean, this excess of $50k from kickstarter is not enough for them???

lunatics funding this excessive greed. the charity will get about $500-$1000 at this rate.

i'll wait for a torrent thanks : ) or just live without

you're right! down with the bourgeoisie!

umm .. what's wrong with the artist that wrote the music getting money for his work, and the label for it's.

everything if its shit.

btw, id have paid $25-$30 but for an incentive = physical copy, and take the risk of it been shit or not shit, wouldn't be the first time.

$10-$12 is about right for this digital thing, that could be shit.

shit

Edited by zupiclone

umm .. what's wrong with the artist that wrote the music getting money for his work, and the label for it's.

everything if its shit.

btw, id have paid $25-$30 but for an incentive = physical copy, and take the risk of it been shit or not shit, wouldn't be the first time.

$10-$12 is about right for this digital thing, that could be shit.

shit

So wait, you'd be willing to risk MORE on "if it's shit", versus risking LESS? I bet you are really good with your finances.

FYI the 16.00/10 quid price is what we originally set it to as a result of dividing the asking amount by the number of needed backers (no idea it would go that far) - can't change the asking price now anyways. It's not like this happens all the time, either.