IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All involved (Richard, the seller, Grant) felt this was better than some collector getting it (and possibly leaking it onto the internet)..

Eh, how is this not the case now? It will get leaked as soon as the digitals go out, you do know that right?

Edited by vincentvc

This is pretty great - very nice to see the artist/label/seller all finding common ground - I'm in . . .

Re: a leak. Yeah, of course that will happen. However, I'm guessing that whatever rip we get will likely be a good quality, which reduces the chance of a crappy rip becoming the basis for eventual crappier transcodes - plus, it means that at least the folks getting the initial digital copy will be people who actually paid money for it (that will, at least in part, be going back to the artist).

A pretty great middle path found here, Joyrex deserves a tip o the hat fo sho on this one. Thanks JR!

All involved (Richard, the seller, Grant) felt this was better than some collector getting it (and possibly leaking it onto the internet)..

Eh, how is this not the case now? It will get leaked as soon as the digitals go out, you do know that right?

I think the main point is that honest people will have the opportunity to pay for and legitimately own a digital copy of the album.

We get the goods, Richard gets some $, Rephlex gets some $ and a charity benefits. If it was just sold to a private collector, it would probably still leak but without the other good stuff.

I think this is fabulous and I will buy the shit out of this when i can.

Cheers Joyrex , Cheers Dicky James, Cheers Watmm :beer:

ps. may i suggest an arbitrary minimum post count of, oh, say 500 posts, to qualify for one of the downloads?

:emotawesomepm9:

Edited by Ifeelspace

1. Who gets the record (the actual record)?

Once the Kickstarter is funded and the seller is paid, Rephlex will ship the record to someone I've chosen to professionally rip the audio from the vinyl, and produce lossless digital audio files. Then the record will be shipped to me for the second phase of this project.

I take it that 'professionally' means the following:

High quality equipment (i.e not half-busted Stanton 500 / Concorde through a Numark mixer into a Dell laptop)

Absolutely no declicking, dehissing, EQing, compressing, remastering or processing of ANY kind

ps. may i suggest an arbitrary minimum post count of, oh, say 500 posts, to qualify for one of the downloads?

/makes the min post-count needed 600. aww sowwy, you mwiss aowoot. OR better get postin' heheh.

/makes the min post-count needed 600. aww sowwy, you mwiss aowoot. OR better get postin' heheh.

post my ass

Woot, maybe don't resell the vinyl. Maybe it can belong to wattm forever & Joyrex keeps it safe until it is worth a billion dollars in 2046 when we find out it is the key to unlock the secret of the fnord.

I already suggested we cut the vinyl into as many pieces as are purchasers. We could make CW necklaces with little vinly fragment pendants.

Actually, instead of giving money back to us funders, I'd rather invest it in something worthwile for the watmm site, organize another watmm CD-compilation with it, or whatever cools we can think of. Or am I too optimistic now?

I already suggested we cut the vinyl into as many pieces as are purchasers. We could make CW necklaces with little vinly fragment pendants.

Yeah, or this.

Actually, instead of giving money back to us funders, I'd rather invest it in something worthwile for the watmm site, organize another watmm CD-compilation with it, or whatever cools we can think of. Or am I too optimistic now?

i agree

Yeah, or this.

If we are talking upgrades. I think YLC needs a design & UI make over and possibly "now playing" as well.

Guest jasondonervan

Oculus Rift support for WATMM.

Yes, another WATMM album would be nice. I'd love to contribute.

what if it's shit?

Grant himself thinks it's a good album in his opinion, and has played tracks from it in his DJ sets for the past 20 years - I think that's endorsement enough!

Yes, another WATMM album would be nice. I'd love to contribute.

Funny you would mention that... :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah, or this.

If we are talking upgrades. I think YLC needs a design & UI make over and possibly "now playing" as well.

Something like that, yeah. Or maybe something like:

an actual website next to the forum again

But making 1/3d of the cash going towards watmm activities maybe scares off some non-watmm backers, thus maybe solving the foreseeable problem of missing out as a watmm'er?

P.S.: there MUST be a way to pay with PayPal on this one right?! I don't have a creditcard... This sucks bigtime...

watmm promotes rdj/rephlex shit so much, they really should try to support watmm. Plus, Joyrex came up with the idea and asked rdj/rephlex.