IGNORED

What time do you go to sleep

Rubin Farr

11pm-12am and up around 7am-8am. Before I had a kid, smoking weed making music and playing games 'til 3am-4am. I can't even fathom doing that anymore.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bed at 4 and then up at 8 during the week. But i keep hitting snooze till about 8:32. 8:32 is like my threshold, after that i'll panic and think i'm gonna be too late to get into work (i start at 9). I'm always late anyway and try to sneak in through the side door. What pisses me off is at weekends my cycle is the same, waking up crazy early and not being able to get back to sleep, looking at the clock all the time until 8:32 appears. This is life.

I'm a tired old man so I go to bed between 9:30 and 10pm, then my 1 year old daughter wakes me up about 6am. If I have even just a couple of drinks I'll pass out on the sofa, then wake up at 2am for about 2 hours. Alcohol utterly fucks up my sleep cycle, which is why I'm leaning more towards a smoke these days to wind down after work (once my daughters asleep obvs)..

Guest Miblo

05:30-ish and sleep until maybe 13:00–14:00. If I have to be up for something, though, the alarm gets set for 07:34, 08:35, 09:36 or something like that. In other words I'm loving Schlitze's 08:32 with all its potential geekiness.

average bed time naturally is like 3 or 4 am. im a late riser. like 11am or 12 pm is my natural wake up time. i find it to be a curse to be honest and i do think its genetic

Congratulations!! We have a few paltry months before we share your fate (=

Thanks! Enjoy it while it lasts :)

I'm just back from the 24hr after picking up some emergency supplies, it's 4am and everyone was laughing at me :D

lol, some friends of mine experience the very same thing:

"First night was chaos. Second night got 20 minutes of sleep. Whenever Anne is feeding him, I can get some sleep lol"

Another couple which I talked to yesterday basically said that the first 2 months was living outside of time. Pretty mental.

Another girl said she wasn't so sure she loved her kid unconditionally for the first 2 months lol

lol, some friends of mine experience the very same thing:

"First night was chaos. Second night got 20 minutes of sleep. Whenever Anne is feeding him, I can get some sleep lol"

Another couple which I talked to yesterday basically said that the first 2 months was living outside of time. Pretty mental.

Another girl said she wasn't so sure she loved her kid unconditionally for the first 2 months lol

All true. I didn't sleep a wink for three days straight, I felt like a ghost. It gradually improves but it's taken about a year to get back mental faculties lost though sleep deprivation. It was like havin dementia, losing your vocabulary, confusing imagination with reality, personal hygiene issues ffs. The weird thing is you don't mind though as the pros outweigh the cons, plus it's pretty ridiculous getting resentful of what's essentially a gurgling imbecile of your own creation :)

Two months ago a friend told me it's better to sleep a bit less than I used to (8 hours+) and I combined that knowledge with wanting to get up earlier, so I go to bed between 10-12pm and wake up at around 7:30 - 8:00 am.

Isn't there meant to be a link between sleeping longer and dying younger? Seems a bit counterintuitive to me. Even if its true I choose more sleep.

Archived