IGNORED

Kickstarter-contributor quotes for NME

Guest JoeMadden

Guest JoeMadden

Hi. I'm writing a piece on the Caustic Window/Kickstarter story for this week's NME. If you're planning to contribute to the Kickstarter, I'd like to get quotes from you to possibly run in the piece.

1) What was your initial reaction upon hearing about the test-pressing? Excitement, scepticism?

2) What are you hoping for from the album itself?

If you'd prefer your real name, rather than your WATMM profile name, to run in the piece, please let me know what it is.

Thanks, Joe Madden

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised that it was actually put up for sale, and somewhat doubtful that the seller would be allowed (by RDJ and Rephlex) to go through with the deal.

I'm pretty certain the world is in for an hour of classic lo fi bedroom AFX VIBES! A lost gem finally sees the light.

I was intrigued when i heard about the listing on discogs and stoked when it was confirmed that RDJ/Rephlex were happy for WAVs to be made available for fans. Any new aphex is a treat even if its from 20 odd years ago 8-) Muttley i'm particularly keen on as the live recording of it and reconstruction by Chalybs are amazing. I look forward to hearing the other tracks on the release also as i've heard it contains some of RDJ's earliest works. Really keen to see what his tracks sounded like when he first started making music

Guest Phonejack

I wasn't the least bit surprised that Rephlex would pull a viral marketing stunt like this

I am hoping it has some unce unce unce and maybe a little kick snare kick snare and some 303 basslines

and my name is Skylar Stephan Denzel III

1 - I didn't understand what it was, I had no idea there was an unreleased caustic window lp and if I had read it somewhere I totally forgot, then I immediately became skeptical of the claim because I'm a conspiracy theorist and suck tin-foil D

2 - I'm hoping for more AFX sicknez, the bro Richard James always delivers.

name: robbie martin

Hi. I'm writing a piece on the Caustic Window/Kickstarter story for this week's NME. If you're planning to contribute to the Kickstarter, I'd like to get quotes from you to possibly run in the piece.

1) What was your initial reaction upon hearing about the test-pressing? Excitement, scepticism?

If you'd prefer your real name, rather than your WATMM profile name, to run in the piece, please let me know what it is.

Thanks, Joe Madden

READ THE FUCKING RULES

808 post! :emotawesomepm9:

Guest jasondonervan

Thanks, Joe Madden

1) As anyone who appreciates a nice bit of Aphex Twin will tell you, you tend to develop a thick skin over the years based on all the conjecture and baseless rumours that surround talk of new (or in this case, old) material from Richard. It's hard to believe that all this is actually really happening, and being completely honest I won't truly believe it has until I see the audio files safely tucked away on my hard drive... but I'm happy to be along for the ride. Being a fan of Aphex Twin is never easy, but the long waits betweeen releases - new or old - are almost always handsomely rewarded.

2) I don't have a huge expectation for the album to be anything less than a set of classic tunes from way back when. These aren't new tracks, nor should they be judged against the improved standards of Richard's suceeding works, which remain peerless for the most part. Caustic Window will be a nostalgic footprint in an illustrious back catalogue, which will perhaps show some of the younger producers out there how to make music with a bit of spark.

1/ I thought it was REALLY expensive for a record

2/ I like (old) Caustic Window material but i'm sure as Aphex has better tracks somewhere in his computer (see recent DJ sets, "Metz track" on youtube). Its great to have new tracks coming, but i'm not sure those unreleased tunes from 94/95 are the best stuff coming from Aphex.

i thought

wow this is interesting

then i went to the rdj rare pics thread and printed like mad

surrounded myself

and wept

and now im here and everything is going to be OK

flol friendly foil & others

1. when i learned what was happening i remained skeptical as always but also thought richard had missed me because i had logged out of watmm for a few days.

2. i am hoping whoever is selling it didn't listen the shit out of that superior medium so that we can get a decent rip.

name: barry dingle

I was exaited - I knew this album would make it out there, limited kickstarter backing or not...

This all just seems appropriate for the times in which we currently live. Our media is so dispensable and disposable at this point, why not release a digital rip of a vinyl record and sell it via crowd funding?

The results of this may have some impact upon the way music is sold. It will def be one for ze booksz.

My name is George Burns 2, but you can call me soma:)

Definite scepticism to start with - a few months earlier a similar frenzy occurred with an old Boards of Canada cassette which resulted in the tape disappearing from sale and ending up smashed -

Realistically it'll be more of an historical curio than anything that'll blow our mind. Not to say it won't be of interest - but given the production date, lets just say Rich's production has definitely evolved since then.

Name - mcbpete

Archived