IGNORED

Plaid: The band's tenth album will be released next month, before then discover some of their most recent collaborations

Joyrex

Over the band's 25 year career, Andy Turner and Ed Turner have collaborated on various projects as Plaid including most recently with Bruno Zamborlin on Mogees. Discover a selection ahead of the release of their new album 'Reachy Prints' next month.

More on Warp.net

Plaid / The band's tenth album will be released next month, before then discover some of their most recent collaborations

Warp - Records - Plaid - The band's tenth album will be released next month, before then discover some of their most recent collaborations
Connect with Warp, subscribe to the Mailing List and explore more RSS feeds here

View the full article

I'm really really looking forward to this. I really didn't scintilli at first but it grew on me. It sounds like they've applied the techniques from that album to their earlier musical sensibilities (I found scintilli really dark but the rest of their catalogue bright, glittery, happy etc whatever lol).

Then again I'm basing that solely off of Hawkmoth. Either way I'm looking forward to this.

Deer.... 2014's gonna be a great year for music lol

You found scintilli dark? Even with Missing, unbank, tender hooks, founded, african woods, at last?

Yeah... the tracks all had a similar dark, hypnotic sound to them. At least to me I found almost all of them ominous. It's probably just me.

I never enjoyed Scintilli until recently.

Could Andy and Ed look any more disinterested in that photo?

That has to be one of the most bland photos evah! But that's OK cos the music will be incredible!

I think that was done on purpose - it would be weird if they were gurning happily into the camera...

They look uninterested, not disinterested. Unless perhaps there's a freeform dance competition happening on the other side of the camera.

yeah what's up with those type of "let look serious" photoshoots?

They look uninterested, not disinterested. Unless perhaps there's a freeform dance competition happening on the other side of the camera.

The words can mean the same thing. google it

Disinterested = impartial, unbiased. A case of the tail wagging the dog, it's only taken on this 'other' meaning because it's misuse has become so prevalent.

The blokes do look like the wouldn't mind a few weeks of jury duty though.

• 2 weeks later...

You found scintilli dark? Even with Missing, unbank, tender hooks, founded, african woods, at last?

Yeah... the tracks all had a similar dark, hypnotic sound to them. At least to me I found almost all of them ominous. It's probably just me.

I never enjoyed Scintilli until recently.

i agree! Scintilli is dark yes, track Sömnl defines it well for me(somnolent?). i take the medical meaning of the word -a coma-like state, and i see the whole album in this perspective. it has ups and downs too, but Scintilli is a dark, heavy, rich album for me.

Archived